PAC 12 football returning sooner than later

Okay, then what about lawsuits against the ones making it unfair…ESPN, Fox, whoever else??? Those are the guys making it unfair for certain schools and the NCAA is allowing it.

Did not Utah’s threat work?

100% correct.
Our commish is 100% responsible for signing off on this. I wrote about it multiple times. He is partly or greatly responsible for the BIG EAST break up/fiasco choose how you want to call it.
He eats at both tables. Remember when he did not come up to UCF proclaiming they had won a share of the so called National championship? What a disgrace that was. He should have been removed the same day. He purposely played into the P5’s and cfp hands when he did so.
The only possible way for us to get to the cfp is to be part of a Power conference AGAIN.
Don’t be so sure that litigation won’t happen. No one can predict the future. What if a mega donor supporting his school finishing undefeated finds out his alma mater is not invited to the cfp?
We do not know what will happen because we have not been there yet. There many mega donors at non P5 schools. If a UCF scenario happens again in that context who knows what will happen next.
Derrick, the Utah example worked because of Orin Thatch and his connections. It had nothing to do with the bcs. He went to bat for them and pulled it off. I have no doubt that if we were undefeated at the end of the season with an Orin Hatch the same outcome will happen.

2 Likes

Utah made no threats. The Sr. Senator from Utah announced that He was considering Senate hearings on the BCS with an eye towards federal regulation. The U of Utah was invited to the PAC a few months later and the hearings never happened.

4 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

We need a senator like that. His “threat” worked.

5 Likes

…and the same thing can happen. This is the power of politics and what it can do for you. In the big picture it does not matter if our idiot commish signed for the NYE bowl so the P5’s can have a “stronger” cartel. First we got to finish undefeated(no small feat) then the political wheels will get in motion.First thing first.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Last time I checked John Cornyn is running for re-election, time to tee him up, it’s time we coogs used our leverage with these guys. Need someone to contact his office

4 Likes
  1. Stave off all the schools trying to throw big money at your coach…
1 Like

The depiction of the PAC was perfect. A perfect dork!

If the PAC returns I’ll start to have hope for America again. :Anything is possible! :sunglasses:

The B1G and PAC have egg all over their faces.

3 Likes

It might be a good idea if not done already to lobby senators Cruz and Cornyn.
Texans in congress:
Brady, Castro, Cloud, Crenshaw, Garcia, Gonzalez, Green, Lee, Marchant, McCaul, Fletcher, Taylor, Veasey, Weber (U of H - Clear Lake),
The above have not graduated from small12 schools…That is a fairly small pool. You will have to admit that if we could get all to agree to push for U of H to a P5 it would be a major political coup. I have no clue if any of them is supporting us (Weber for sure) It surely is a good start.

2 Likes

Cruz is a fighter.

1 Like

We need somebody in government to stand up for the University of Houston.

2 Likes

We’ve got Sheila Jackson Lee . . . . .

1 Like

We’ve tried the political push with Abbott trying to get UH in the Big 12 in 2016. It didn’t work because UT didn’t want us. I believe Florida politicians tried getting UCF in a P5 and that didn’t work either.

2 Likes

This is not about a political discussion, its how we can leverage our elected officials to get UH where it needs to be.

Abbott- Is UT through and through, he was running for re-election and was just BS us (UH) for votes. He is probably running for President in 2024, so UH is not even on the bottom pile of issues to consider.

The Texas house is run by UT cohorts, so that’s a roadblock. President Khator has tried lobbying them extensively and it hasn’t worked

It has to be a national push, similar to Orin Hatch for Utah.

Cruz-Won his senate seat already two years ago, will run for President in 2024, no incentive to hear anything or do anything for UH. His focus will be in the midwest , Ohio, Wisconsin, etc.

Cronyn- There was an opportunity before the pandemic to leverage his close re-election fight, but it’s too late now. It’s likely his caucus will lose the senate anyway. If they do win, he hasn’t shown interest in UH and won’t start now.

Sheila Lee,- She is in a prime position to lead the powerful Judiciary Commitee in the next house, a key investigative body that could dig up dirt on these P5 conferences, leverage that to get us in. She has come to UH games , even when UH faithful booed her at out of TDECU a couple years ago.

Unlikely as it may seem, I think Sheila Lee is the path forward . A threat of Big12 investigations in the House Judiciary committee even at sub Commitee level will get us in. She is in a secure seat, can’t be defeated and has virtually nothing to lose picking a fight with Big12 money or any other P-5 conference money.

4 Likes

That is funny.

2 Likes

Just win baby. Basketball has it figured out. If we can get Football to that level, we will have lots of suitors.

2 Likes

Her husband was working at UH the years I was there.

2 Likes

Just win is right!!!