PAC needs the state of Texas (UH) BAD!

When do we get our invite?

5 Likes

I wonder what does the PAC contract say about adding new schools? Hopefully it’s not the same as B12.

The Pac 12 network is all Tier 2 and 3 stuff, and is a disaster, and it still makes 50% more than our Tier 1.

This is life in the Group of 5.

1 Like

Wait, do each one of their schools get $31M from PAC and we get $2M?

They got 2.8 million each from the Pac 12 network last year, and we got 2 each from ESPN

1 Like

I say we land here come 2023

1 Like

UH don’t need to get entangle in that mess. We need to see what the new AAC deal will be.

Beggars can’t be choosers. We do have time for expansion offers though.

2 Likes

ACC!

The PAC has waited so long that they are becoming less attractive and less valuable with each passing day. Adding us would have to be part of a strategic package…or it could back fire on us long term.

The Big12 and the PAC are definitely the least stable of the P5s.

1 Like

At no point will the AAC get anywhere close to a deal any P5 gets.

6 Likes

Let’s be real. The AAC deal will be better but nowhere near the P5 schools- it shouldn’t be where we aim to park long term. PAC is infinitely more attractive with USC, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, etc…I believe we would see many 2:30 CST football game times in our future and MANY less 11am times.

4 Likes

Since Pac 12 own its network…Aresco and AAC should agree to some scheduling agreement with Pac 12. That will open up the TV markets for them in the Central and Eastern time zones. May be AAC can carry the earlier time slots on their network and Pac can carry the later. Instead of a full on conference merger…i mean they will have to rename the network LOL…

3 Likes

Wishful thinking. Best to focus on what you can control which is filling the stands for every home game.

1 Like

American Pacific or APAC if they add us and other teams in our time zone.

We need to take any opportunity to get in p5 before the next grand reshuffle. After we are a P5 school, why would a new megaconference choose TTU over UH, for example. But taking a g5 school looks less attractive. That’s just the way it is, regardless of data or facts supporting us.

ACC, all day long…would make much better fit than PAC IMO but beggars can’t be too picky

3 Likes

This isnt about a new megaconference, its about the PAC, and we have built a strong relationship with them for years, now…You think its a coincidence, all these PAC 12 schools on recent past and future schedules? When their GOR expires, they are almost certain to do something to try and help themselves. Talk to our AD, he will be glad to tell you what we are aiming for. BIG is going to do something…PAC almost certain to also do something…And every day that passes we get MORE attractive to them.

1 Like

Well as it now stands, UCLA and Cal are not allowed to come to Texas to play UH !!

Not true. They are prohibited from using state money to travel to Texas. They are free to use private funds.

1 Like

Did that actually pass California legislature? I thought they were only considering it.