Patrick to colleges: Hold line on staff growth

Patrick to colleges: Hold line on staff growth

“I am advising you that I am not approving any higher education requests to increase (full time employee) authorizations (staff) for fiscal year 2017,” Patrick saidin a letter to college and university officials. “Any requested increases should be presented to budget writers of the Texas Legislature.”

He is 100% correct. The California education system is beyond bankrupt yet tuition keeps going up. The big question for Texas is if they want to be fiscally responsible. Education is meant to educate people not to benefit state or local employees.
Have you ever seen a public organization be fiscally responsible? You know the answer.
Have you ever seen a Professor take a pay cut? You know the answer.
Have you ever seen a business owner lose money and act on it? You know the answer.
Have you ever seen the middle class take a pay cut? You know the answer.
Do we want to copy Greece? You know the answer.
What are the consequences? Yes…

I don’t know that it is the Professors that are the problem, but you know the administration. I understand some growth at the top is necessary to expand services, such as a new Medical school we want. However, we should all be writing Patrick to tell him to look at the UT use of funds for UT Houston, then after following up with tuition increase, 1.5 Million spending on a branding campaign (really? Do people not know who UT are?), etc.