Patriots' Chad O'Shea viewed as front-runner to become Dolphins offensive coordinator (Got the job)

Flores has worked alongside O’Shea since 2009. The former college quarterback at Marshall and the University of Houston is viewed as one of the NFL’s up-and-coming offensive minds.

If Miami does lure O’Shea, convincing him to leave New England, he’ll become a first-time play-caller on any level.

Last year, it was widely speculated that O’Shea either would join Josh McDanielsin Indianapolis, if he took the Colts job, or would replace him in New England as the offensive coordinator.

2 Likes

Good for Chad. Great family and good guy!!!

2 Likes

I hope he gets the job.

1 Like

“Coach O’Shea’s had a huge impact on my career,” Edelman said. “We both came in 10 years ago. He’s not only coached me a lot but he’s been kind of like a figure that keeps me intact mentally. He knows how to deal with people in a real way. We have a special relationship because we came here at the same time. I love having him as a coach.”

Added Patriots receiver Phillip Dorsett: “I don’t want to be biased, but he’s one of the best receivers coaches I’ve had. He’s helped me a lot.”

There will certainly be a lot of Patriot influence, given that first-time playcaller and offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea has spent nearly half his coaching career in New England, but look for assistant head coach/QB coach Jim Caldwell to play a significant role in putting together a formula that works. A combination of O’Shea’s matchup-based, week-to-week schemes and Caldwell’s offenses in Detroit, Baltimore and Indianapolis could create a strong pairing.

O’Shea, a first-time playcaller, already identified making the quarterback’s job easier as a cornerstone of his offense even before the Dolphins had acquired Rosen.

“I strongly believe that it takes great protection, it takes the receivers to be dependable and detailed and disciplined in the pass game to allow a quarterback to be accurate,” O’Shea said.

It’s fair to reason O’Shea concluded that a lack of those factors played a role in Rosen’s Year 1 struggles with the Arizona Cardinals.