Per FootballScoop.com, Blake Gideon will be new Safeties/Special Teams Coach

I wonder if this means Dawson could end up coaching TEs or RBs.

According to @WVUFan10, its code for drinking buddy.

2 Likes

Does “Director of Player Development” = Strength and Conditioning?

I hope he is an excellent ST coach.

Where is TC?

What the hell is a co-DC especially in the college game :thinking:

Get CDH his drinks

Means that they haven’t figured out his specific role yet.

1 Like

No. Usually it means that they oversee a number of different aspects of the program to include academics, off-campus, etc. Ed Jones was our last Director of Player Development and he tended to be close to the players and was big on getting them out into the community.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Coach_Gideon/status/1083922365376020481

1 Like

Lots of positive reactions to the Gideon hire on Twitter from coaches and recruits. Makes me think he will be our ace recruiter on this staff.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1084117671719907328

While everyone is excited about all these P5 coaching hires, there is something else to keep in mind.

Any assistant coach who comes to Houston, is building his resume. Imagine all the contacts these coaches will make with Houston area highschool coaches. That in itself would make them hugely valuable to any P5 program, particularly Big 12 and SEC programs.

Heck if I was an assistant coach being offered. by UH, I’d take up to a 20% pay cut and come. The potential future payoff is just too great.

1 Like

This is no different than P5 schools with talented staff being vetted for G5, P5coaching opportunities, lateral or upward transfers to blue bloods, etc.

All we can do is backfill with the next best should we lose someone. The fact that we would lose staffers should be the result that our football program is trending in the right direction.

I think you just described every working professional in the world.

3 Likes

The Big12 schools already have recruiting connections in Houston. LSU and Bama too.

I hope these assistant coaches are building great resumes which includes undefeated seasons at UH.

As ReformedCoog said, we will back fill those positions.

An assistant coach with bad manners?

4 Likes

Former NFL player Blake Gideon???!

lol the rest of his staff is solid but Dawson is worthless. Hopefully drinking with Dana is his only duty with you guys

1 Like

He was never on an active roster and was on the Denver Broncos practice squad for two years.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about Dawson but this is a very important assignment.