Pezman Looking to Schedule Former SWC Schools

Baylor once played us on a pretty regular basis when we were not part of the old SWC, but that was probably because of Hugh Roy Cullen; he used to give a lot of money to both schools.

Can’t prove collusion. ESPN could just have made 2 offers, one with expansion, one without and made the amounts so close that the Big 12 came to the conclusion that expansion with the added travel costs, was not worth it for the current members to support

and the people who founded this country owned black people. Things change.

1. I’m definitely in the camp of offering 2 for 1s or even 1 for nothing if it’s a high profile opponent. I’d enjoy the chance to watch my Coogs play @ Notre Dame, Ohio State, USC, Michigan, etc. I’d even like to see us play at the Aggies or Longhorns…I have no doubt we will travel well for those matchups.

2. Didn’t we try to work a UH vs UT series into the Herman buyout package and the Horn turned it down?

That was Yurachek…He is gone, good .

AGAIN…NO 2 for 1’s with anyone !!!

NFW !!!

1 Like

We offered to waive the buy out for a home and home. They had the buy out check to us within 3 days.

3 Likes

That’s why they have discovery.

Only if you get that far without the judge throwing out the case.

The premise of the poster responding to me, at least in his scenario, claimed doubt as to facts based on a result which would/could invoke discovery in order to further substantiate and clarify the claimant’s case. A case can be thrown out even upon submission of pleadings.

1 Like

am and tu won’t schedule a game with UH. It’s a passive aggressive form of control. These games would be good for everyone, but in their world view, it would be legitimizing us, and would benefit us more. And somewhere in their heads is indeed some fear of losing some of those games. It’s really absurd that UH doesn’t play them, at least occasionally, but I can’t see it happening.

They are absolutely concerned with UH’s potential to create additional recruiting competition. Every time they play UH they “legitimize” the program. Especially if we’re knocking off Fla State and OU. Getting national attention and playing blue blood programs gives a lot of guys reason to stay close to home.

1 Like

We are 10-3 against P5 schools.

When healthy we can play with anybody.

5 Likes

An invitation has to be extended. Since expansion has gone cold over the last few years, I doubt it happens anytime soon.

Arkansas. They could use a regular game in Houston.

2 Likes

They had Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson when we joined in early days. We had integrated meaningfully before then. Maybe we pushed them into the inevitable.

1 Like

We definitely did “push them into the inevitable.” Heck, I remember when we were the only great basketball team in the state. Pushed them into integrating, and even pushed them into building proper basketball arenas.

They resented the heck out of that back then, and some of their old timers, who are now their big donors, have never forgotten! Some of you youngsters may not believe it, but it is true, whether you believe it or not.

I am now older than dirt, but I still have a pretty good memory - and I hold grudges! I used to think I did not hold grudges, but uta brought out my true nature. I am ashamed to say that I even thought of going to school at uta - in my foolish and unknowing youth.

3 Likes

I watch a lot of 30 for 30. I was 10 and at all of those Alois Blackwell/Danny Davis games. I saw on tv :tv: Jim Brown interview how he had to play UT in Cotton Bowl with Syracuse and at the bottom of the scrum after each play the Horns would punch :fist_left:t2: and twist his testicles. Yoeman and Bear Bryant really integrated. The 30 fo 30 showed how Bryant wanted black players at Alabama but was not allowed. He secretly met with John McKay @ USC which was totally integrated and convinced McKay to play Alabama in Tuscaloosa ,guaranteed their safety. He made Alabama witness the carnage wrought by USC and understand his point. It worked.

3 Likes

Coogtime89 mentions Bear Bryant at Alabama, and that brings back some other interesting memories. I remember Bear Bryant very well before he ever went to Alabama - back when he was at atm.

I had an uncle who had gone to atm for one year, and he was a very dedicated aggie. He was one of the most gung-ho aggies you could ever meet, and he was very active in their alumni and knew Coach Bryant very well. [I have always said there is nothing worse than a one-year aggie.]

When I got out of the Air Force in 1946, my uncle wanted me to go to atm in the worst way. He took me up to atm and took me all around the campus, introduced me to several professors, etc. What he did not understand - and I did not have the courage to tell him - was that I had “enjoyed” all the military that I could stand, having just returned from the Air Force. There was no way I would ever have gone to atm back then because I would have been required to join the Corps of Cadets!

My uncle died in 1955, and I vividly remember that Coach Bear Brant brought several of the aggie football players with him, and they came to call on the family at my uncle’s home here in Houston! Coach Bryant was a fine man and a great coach.

4 Likes

Gee, and all this time I thought it was the troops that showed up in Tuscaloosa that finally got Alabama to integrate. Stupid me.

That was to integrate the school – integrating the football team was an entirely different matter. The school was integrated long before the football team. To half the people in Alabama, the university is only there just so they can have a football team. Most Bama fans didn’t attend the university.

1 Like