PLAYOFFS!

Assume only Clemson and LSU survive as unbeatens.

Who are the other 2?

Ohio St., Oregon, and OU have 1 loss each. So does Alabama.

You’re stats are valid, but there is a first time for everything and this thing hasn’t been going on that long to reach definitive conclusions as of yet in regards to those stats.

Baylor currently ranks 14th in Sagarin behind a number of 1 & 2 loss teams. Now, if they can beat OU, UT, and probably OU again in the Championship game, they have a chance to move up and make a case. As of now, their schedule is holding them back from being taken seriously.

Baylor will lose to OU twice.

Where does OSU lose? And are they CC?

But if they are undefeated at season’s end they will have a win over Texas or OU and 2 wins over the other. They aren’t keeping them out in favor of a non champion who has a loss.

Maybe, they currently have played one ranked team this season and that is #25 Okie State. If they beat Texas, Texas will likely fall to unranked again. If they can beat OU twice, OU likely falls into the lower teens and if OU beats Okie State, that probably knocks them out as well. It’s very possible that Baylor could go undefeated with only two ranked wins, both against OU who may be in the lower teens.

You start getting into the scenario that G5’s find themselves in which whether an undefeated record should grant you a spot when your schedule isn’t very good. Granted, when you play an out of conference schedule against SFA, Rice and UTSA, you probably have no business being in a 4 team playoff.

Maybe. You’re right the sample size is small. But I don’t see an undefeated P5 team ever being left out for a non champ with a loss.

Ohio St. could falter to Penn St.

Baylor is inferior to OU. Twice.

1 Like

If OSU’s only loss is to PSU (and OSU still wins the BIG) they are in.

If OSU loses to Penn State, and PSU loses no more regular season games and plays Minnesota in the CCG, I don’t see how OSU could jump the B1G champ. I don’t see the B1G having 2 teams in the CFP.

Personally, I don’t think any team should make the CFP that’s not their conference’s champions. I don’t like seeing a team having to play the team they already had to beat to win their conference a second or possibly 3rd time.

1 Like

That’s why I said that if OSU still wins the BIG after their hypothetical loss to PSU.

The only way the BIG gets 2 is if there is some crazy chaos.

OSU and PSU are in same division. In order for OSU to go to CCG, they would have to go undefeated or beat PSU and only lose one game if PSU doesn’t lose another game except to OSU.

Ya, not sure where I am disagreeing with that?

If OSU loses to PSU, and PSU loses another game, OSU can win the BIG Championship with a loss.

They are still in the playoff in that scenario imo.

Easy to see why America needs 8 Conferences of 16 teams a piece.

Those 8 Champs are automatically the Final Playoff teams.

2 Likes

OU will beat baylor twice

1 Like

Let’s hope so.

That would be great but never will happen because the precious playoff committee would no longer have an important vote, also it would keep ESPN from having the power to dictate on TV who the best teams are.

I will never support any playoffs format if it doesn’t include all conferences’ champions. In every sports, in every levels, in every corners of this world, people use groups, districts, divisions, conferences, regions,
 to divide teams and the champions advance. FBS College Football is the ONLY exception.

2 Likes

I think we are saying the same thing differently. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What if BU, Minnesota, smu and LSU end up the only undefeated teams?