Preseason All-AAC

Marcus Jones is the only 1st teamer

Parish, Russey and Witherspoon are 2nd Teamers

Trahan is the only 3rd teamer

Henry, Mutin, Dell, Anenih, Mutin and Williams are the 4th teamers

2 Likes

Looking at all those players from Tulsa and Tulane, coupled with the paucity of UH players, tell me again why they are supposed to be cupcakes.

6 Likes

Because a lot of our fans, myself included, never expect Tulsa, SMU, Tulane, directional Florida schools and the like to beat us in anything. Because they shouldn’t. But 1 first teamer…ouch. I guess the spin will be we are being disrespected and this will be bulletin board material.

Yea because we have been so dominate since the mid 90’s teams should bow down to us lol. And that includes all sports

2 Likes

Sounds like UT mentality

3 Likes

So lower our rates zpectations?

If you think your conference mates are beneath us, of course you’ll will have a hard time when Tulsa, Tulane and South Florida play us well. Its silly to think those teams cant play with us. I don’t consider it lowering expectations to have respect for our opponents.

4 Likes

Yes, it does seem to border on delusion to think that UH should “dominate” the other AAC teams.

But then again, I’m sure that many of the same kind of fans at UCF & SMU & Memphis similarly believe that their school’s team should dominate UH - and truthfully, they may have a much better case history. Delusion within college sports fandom - who would have thunk it?

3 Likes

Yeah i defiantly think it is the norm.

Didn’t that publication pick Mills as POTY in AAC BB !!

Nuff said.

Let’s face it, these are WAGs and nothing more.

All ado about nothing. Phil Steele is the only college football mag worth anything anyway. lol

2 Likes

It is a ridiculous list. from a ridiculous magazine. .You seriously think Tulane has 2nd best talent in our league??
You know what it all means? NOTHING…

10 Coogs made the Steele preseason All Conference, I believe it was posted this morning

2 Likes

See Red Dragon’s post to start this thread: 1 First team, 3 second string, 1 third string, 6 fourth string

That is the Athlon preseason team, the Steele preseason team mentions a few different players. 1 first team, 5 second team, 4 3rd team and 1 4th team.

3 Likes

Oops, I should look more carefully.

No Patrick Paul?

Big oversight if he is 100% healthy.

1 Like

Our 1 first team is also an all American. Of course it is Marcus Jones as a punt returner. He is also a second team cb.

We have no one at the 22 starting positions as a first teamer on Steeles list. I cant believe that.

The new Center should have made it. He has already been a first team all-conference elsewhere.

2 Likes