Thursday-Saturday schedule due to Easter. Would be nice to sweep Cincy.
- Houston enters the weekend series with a 16-9 overall record and an 3-0 mark in American Athletic Conference play.
- The Cougars are coming off a 4-3 loss at Rice Tuesday, which snapped an eight-game win streak.
- As a team, Houston is hitting .261 with 10 home runs, 41 doubles and 106 RBI.
- Three Cougars are hitting over the .330 mark, led by Joe Davis with a .355 clip, 33 hits and 17 RBI.
American Athletic Conference Player of the Week Jared Triolo is hitting .354 with 35 hits and 13 RBI, while ----- Lael Lockhart Jr. is hitting .330 with 30 hits and 16 RBI.
- Connor Hollis paces the squad with eight doubles and 19 runs and Cooper Coldiron leads the way with 20 RBI.
- The Cougar pitching staff owns a 2.88 ERA and notched two complete-game shutouts in the series sweep of Memphis last weekend.
- American Pitcher of the Week Aaron Fletcher owns a 0.95 ERA and is 4-0 in six starts and is coming off his first career complete game shutout with a career-high nine strikeouts.
- Friday starter Trey Cumbie notched his second straight complete game shutout and has 51 strikeouts in 39.1 innings and is 2-1 with a 2.29 ERA.
- Sophomore Carter Henry has made 10 appearances to lead the bullpen and is 1-0 with a 1.74 ERA, while senior Joey Pulido is 3-1 with a 1.71 ERA in nine appearances in relief.
- Cincinnati enters the American series with a 10-12 record and a 6-5 mark at home.
- The Bearcats opened league action on the road at Tulane, falling in the series 2-1.
- As a team, Cincinnati is hitting .252 with 19 home runs, 39 doubles and 99 RBI.
- Leading the way offensively is Manny Rodriguez with a .326 clip, 28 hits and 16 RBI.
- Kyle Mottice is hitting .304 with a team-high 17 runs scored and is 7-for-7 on the base paths.
- The Bearcat pitching staff owns a 3.82 ERA with eight saves in 197.2 innings.
- They have fanned 182 and walked 65 and opponents are hitting .261.
- Thursday starter JT Perez is 2-2 with a 3.00 ERA through six stats and 36.0 innings. He has fanned 29 and walked 13.
- RHP Nathan Kroger will go Friday and is 0-1 in six appearances and five starts. He owns a 4.08 ERA and has 23 strikeouts to five walks in 28.2 innings.
- LHP Cam Alldred will go Saturday and is 1-2 with a 5.12 ERA in six starts. He has fanned 31 and walked 12 in 31.2 innings.
- RHP David Orndorff has made nine appearances with one start and owns the team-lead with nine saves in 19.1 innings. He has fanned 18 and walked two and holds a 5.12 ERA.
SERIES HISTORY vs. CINCINNATI
- Houston and Cincinnati have met 45 previous times, dating back to 1958.
- The Cougars own the all-time series over the Bearcats, 36-9.
- Since joining the American, Houston has won the series every year.
- The Cougars won the 2017 series, 2-1, at Schroeder Park with Cincinnati winning Game 1, 8-6 in 10 innings before Houston rebounded to win the final two games (8-3, 7-6) to take the weekend series.