Pros ‘eye-opening experience’ for Amere Lattin

Pros ‘eye-opening experience’ for Amere Lattin

Since his transition from college, one of the highlights of Lattin’s young career was one of the first challenges he faced as a pro: the USA Track and Field Championships in Des Moines, Iowa.

“It was the first time I ran three rounds with the top guys, and it was also the first time I had to change to improve every round,” Lattin said. “I’m still learning this race, and I have so much improvement left.”

Even with the challenge and room for improvement, the 2019 AAC Co-Track Athlete of the Yeartook home bronze in the 400-meter hurdles after a 48.66 mark.

Yeah, being the third-best 400-meter hurdler in the nation is cool and all, but Lattin knows there is a medal that sits high above the rest. And he wants it.

“Every track and field athlete wants to gain an Olympic gold medal,” Lattin said. “That’s the end goal, along with a world record. That’s what I expect to gain as well. Track and field is a rewards sport when you put in the work.”

Much of the success and ambition Latin carries attributed to two of the biggest names in track and field: head coach Leroy Burrell and assistant coach Carl Lewis.

1 Like