Purple Line

Anybody taken the purple line from downtown to TDECU? Safe? I’ll have wife and kids with me.

I have taken it a couple of times with my 8/6 yr olds during the day. It is kinda of sketchy but didn’t have any problems, but not sure if I would park there at night.

2 Likes

Thanks. We are probably staying at a hotel downtown but wasn’t sure if we want to take it or just drive over.

1 Like

Oh sorry I was thinking Palm Ctr., if your taking it from downtown you should be fine. There will be lots of UH fans sprinkled in with the occasional rift raft but no problems even at night. I’ve usually parked near Minute Maid/BBVA and jumped on right in front of BBVA. Most of the time if you’re wearing Coog gear you don’t have to pay.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks again LostGen.

I have ridden from Palm Center to TDECU many times and have never felt unsafe.

3 Likes

Living out of town for nearly 20 years, I had no clue what this thread was about at first. I was thinking purple jacket guy. :thinking: :roll_eyes: :rofl:

7 Likes

How late is Palm open…in case I stay and tailgate late?

Took it to and from campus all the time when I was a student. Took it at 7 am, took it after midnight. Never had a problem and got a laugh from the occasional crackhead on board.

2 Likes

According to Google the rail runs until 2:20 in the morning except on Sunday.

1 Like

Back in the good old days the Palm Center lot would get pretty full. Lots of available spaces nowadays.

When we get back to our winning ways and the resultant big crowds, I’m going to have to start some rumors about Palm Center just to have a parking space.

If there were more parking spaces, I’d tell everyone it’s the best way to get to a UH game.

2 Likes

The red line we rode once for fun starts up I45 north before Greenspoint to downtown, won’t do that again, really some “rough” characters, did not feel safe especially where u parked and caught the train, bad area

1 Like

I take it to every game from BBVA Stadium. A lot of folks to and from games. Never had any issues. Free on game days!

1 Like

I don’t feel unsafe but i also grew up in a rough place when i was younger. I would say it’s nice if you’re in the front or middle and with other people who seem nice.

1 Like

Same. Grew up in a rough area, went to a rough high school, played on the football team with some interesting characters. When I was a student, stayed all around campus, walked up and down 3rd Ward at night with no problems.

I understand its different for everyone though but I had a lot of fun when I was an undergrad.

Im sure me being 6’4 230 lbs had nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

Most of the players say the same thing, only a few areas they really don’t go. Derek gives a lot of food and clothes to the homeless guys that are around campus. They are actually pretty protective of players if they have to park off campus. They keep and eye on their vehicles for them.

6 Likes

If you are talking about a UH game day you’ll be fine taking the train from downtown. I haven’t driven to a game in 3 years. The train is the way to go. There is usually a large contingent of UH fans. You won’t be alone.

2 Likes

Never had an issue even at night. I think people are not used to comming into contact with people from a different social economic group

That’s a pretty hefty assumption.

They are a different economic group than me, but I have come into contact with rich guys before. However, I still keep my hand on my wallet when I’m around them. :laughing:

3 Likes