QB depth after this signing

Be careful or jess will use his Delorean to hashtag you to death. :rofl:

Your not funny to me.

Your true colors are showing. How many accounts do you own sir?

Who are you talking to

You. Jess. You

The QB is the biggest issue this team faces, and without new competition, I don’t really see where the improvement will come from. Tune made too many bad decisions in the pocket which ended up in a horrendous TD:Int ratio. I personally don’t think he passes the eye test and is not the guy that will get us back into the AAC championship but I am not a football coach so…maybe things will be different but more likely they will stay the same and at best we will .500 next year.

Why the heck would i have more than 1 acct n i have no idea which accts you are referring to. I’m a 61 yr old man who has been a die hard Coog fan n supporter since the late 60s. Nothing more nothing less. I just told pesik what i I’ve seen from you…sorry if you don’t like it.

Say your last thoughts so we can be done. And when u get personal again w posters I’ll chime in again. I don’t like that!!! Out.

Waiting for long winded response!

Chime in all you want. I’ll continue to refute the shaky information you use to support your points. You want to talk about personal? Please don’t defend abrasive posters when they criticize players all day and they’re not supposed to. Some of you arm chair coaches tried the same thing with a cousin of mine on this team and now you all have moved on to Tune. Cut it out! If you want to complain about one particular player all day, everyday, then exchange numbers and cry on the phone. Everything else can be left off of the board because it has already been said before!

3 Likes

Uhhh excuse me Sir. But if you find one post from me on any point abt Tune or any QB it will be the first. I stay away from that mess. I give ZERO input w that baloney…zero. So maybe u just automatically combined me in some grp plan. What I’m not is a CDH fan but i want him n his program to WIN Football gms. It’s pretty simple w me. Don’t make it complicated.

Ok jess. Good talk. :+1:

Sounds good. Just stay away from the personal attacks and you won’t see me in any of your posts. Good evening Sir.

The only thing you can bank on is we HAVE to win this year, for CDH to have job security…If Tune can do it, fine…If he cant, he will SIT…and Massoud and Kopp will play…Try looking at film on Kopp…He has great poise, great scrambling ability. really good passing ability and he finds ways to win games…Just like Keenun, just like Ward…and that is something Tune HASNT done, in years as a starter…Ward played as a frosh, Keenum played as a redshirt frosh, Hell OKorn played as a frosh, and he wasnt even very good…and we’re not done recruiting…I think the Bowman kid could end up here, and if he does, he will end up beating Tune out…
Lots of variables out there…
It’s a mistake to presume Tune is some automatic starter, based on how he has played…

If you’re referring to Kopp’s HUDL highlights then that’s not looking at film. That is the exact opposite of what “looking at film” is. Every high school kid in America looks good by that standard because there are no lowlights, and none of it is against the next level of competition. Believing a kid is good by only looking at highlights is the equivalent to making a large purchase without performing an inspection yourself.

Tune has shown plenty of the ability to escape. The BYU play comes to mind. He has made untimely mistakes but he’s our best shot. CDH wanting to RS players suggests that if Kopp starts, it is simply a desperation move on his part, and throws the “play mature players” coaching model out of the window.

1 Like

there are quite.a few no doubt. Perhaps the new C-USA center will be better if he starts.

Usually Tune still had his eyes downfield and would somehow snag it out of the air without looking at it but that can be risky.

I think CDH’s contract and payout has him secure, whether he wins or not. Tillman is on the hook for his contract and will not want to pay it off and bring in someone else to have to pony up for and I don’t know if UH can afford to with the losses incurred due to the COVID seat reductions in our revenue sports.

However, I think that will be a moot point because I fully expect us to have a very good season. Our OL should be good enough to protect our QB and pave the way for our running game. Our defense should be deep enough to allow for a faster paced offense. I think Tune will be our QB and will have a very good season. However, if he is beaten out by Kopp or Massoud, then so be it; putting the best QB on the field is the right thing to do, regardless of class and experience.

2 Likes

Red, I thought i was reading one of my posts,

1 Like