Question for the fire the coaches group

Fire him if he suxs again next year. Lol

There are 3 Sr, 5 Jr, 1 So, and 2 Fr on the depth chart for Memphis’ D line.

We were starting 2 Juniors and 3 Freshman on our O line, and occasionally a So TE.

My statement that collegiate football players are closer in experience and ability than HS to NFL players is still far less ridiculous than you trying to make out that MonCoog was suggesting that a HS team could play with an NFL team.

AppleDumplin, who didn’t have any serious suitors when Renu hired him, recruited badly. And we lost the best defensive player we’ve had in 30 years.

I think with AppleDumplin’s DC pick we’d have even more loses this year, even wiyh King.

Dorito would have this team ceding 50 per game.

1 Like

Herman was the bigger problem in recruiting on the defensive side of the ball

4 Likes

Bingo. We have one starter on defense from the Herman years.

3 Likes

This is an informative thread.

By the by it was Bill Yeoman’s 5th season when he fielded a killer team with great talent. Maybe Dana needs at least 2?

2 Likes

“It’s telling Mrs.Lincoln about that awesome 1st act”

That’s funny :smile:

So true…reading this board is like a condensed Cliff notes on the state of UH football.

1 Like

So this is what the ‘grown up ‘ table looks like.

Are you crazy, if a coach doesn’t win his 1st year, even if he has to play guys pulled out of the stands during the game, he is obviously a bad coach and should be fired on the spot after he has lost more than 2 games.

3 Likes

:rofl: would love to have seen the smirk on your face when you wrote that.

We’re kind of used to plug-n-play here. You change coaches but still win. Eventually that was going to catch up to us. Major’s hot start was illusory and we were exposed at the end when we started using a lot of subs. That was the first sign to me that we were going into a trough. Glad the admin. made a move. We probably would have won the same number of games this year but the mood would have been way worse.

It would have been much, much worse. Think back to the days of the 63-7 drubbing days and that is where we’d be. Practically impossible to recover once you’ve quit like what happened in the Army game.

Oltime, some of the posts I read on these boards supply me with a mixture of laughter and amazement. It seems many have lost touch with reality and have zero patience.

2 Likes

Does this mean he is grossly mismanaging the use of red shirts?

1 Like