Quinten Dormady Transfer to Central Michigan

That’s what I don’t understand; they could have played him, saved Tune’s redshirt, and saved Dormady’s redshirt so that he could still transfer.

I guess the thinking was to get Tune experience and hope for the best. Definitely didn’t work out.

I thought Dormandy left weeks before the bowl game. Otherwise, it wouldn’t make sense for the staff to play Tune and burn his redshirt year. But hey, we’re talking about Applewhite and Herman before that. Everything is possible with those 2. One doesn’t give a damn about his players and the other have no idea with to do with the players.

1 Like

According to the article, his shoulder held him back.

Disagree it didn’t work out. Got a new coach out of it!:grin:

2 Likes

Well, given that Dormady has been named the starter at Central Michigan, I guess we’ll find out if he’s any good Thursday night.

His team was the worst in the MAC last year, but they are opening up against a I-FCS patsy, so a win is all but assured.

At least, barring injury, he’ll be able to go an entire season as a I-FBS starting QB to close out his college career. I hope that it works out for him! Jim McElwain won two SEC East titles at Florida, so he’s certainly a coaching upgrade for CMU over Bonamego.

I have a Master’s from Central Michigan, so I wish Dormady the best of luck! FIRE UP CHIPS!!!

2 Likes

McElwain ran off Will Greer, Not sure he’s much of a QB guru

1 Like

I saw that and I still want to call BS. Because they also say that he’s not 100% now. He basically had all year last year minus a couple of throws, all spring, and the majority of the summer to get healthy.

If his shoulder isn’t still not 100% then he has some major problems. Sounds like a lot of placating to me by somebody that wants to show favoritism to him.

As long as he can redshirt this year, letting him play the bowl was excellent experience.

1 Like

Big thing will be King’s health. Otherwise, Tune will have to play, or we’ll have to go with Logan Holgorsen, who’s only a true freshman. Those two will have 4 games between them for redshirt purposes.

Opponent is obviously weak and overmatched, but Dormady is 20-29 for 220 yards and 3 TD passes at HALFTIME.

3 Likes

May all your schools win this weekend!

He finished 27/37 for 285 yards and 3 TDs…Good Start!

3 Likes