Recruiting advice

My nephew is a 6’4” 275lb OT and quit playing basketball in high school. He also didn’t do track. He got a DII offer but wanted to go DI and I think he only got $11-$14k off the tuition so he decided not to play. No film that I’m aware of but he did linemen camps at Baylor.

Keep your options open, grades up and work on speed.

3 Likes

SO TRUE

1 Like

Biggest player I ever had was 6’6" 295# with great feet. ZERO interest in school and lousy grades. You can never tell what will happen.

I think he’s actually better at baseball than football. He refuses to play BB because the other kids wouldn’t take it seriously in LL (This is where the Autism comes into play) I’ve been trying to convince him since then to at least try HS ball

2 Likes

Baseball enhances one’s eye-hand coordination and dynamic acuity (the ability to see, and focus on, moving objects). The skill set from football is different but does help.

1 Like

@Twinmom
wife got an email from NCSA Next College Student Athlete, Im guessing this is one of those recruiting services i need to avoid?

That is the one we signed up for. We paid quite a bit of money for something we could have been doing on our own. We were clueless and just wanted to help Derek.

1 Like