Required Reading: Khan ESPN Piece

I’m happy for UH to be getting national attention. However, the article was a rehash of what true fans were already aware of.

1 Like

Of course…but we’re trying to reach new fans, and only a few thousand know these events.

4 Likes

I was at Sampson’s announcement event at Hofheinz, and didn’t find it depressing at all.

For the first time in years, I was actually optimistic that we would have a good basketball program again soon.

3 Likes

Newer and younger fans won’t know these things, heck I learned a couple things from the article I didn’t know. Therefore this is a great article to read so people can appreciate how far we have come.

6 Likes

I’m all for college athletics, but it was reasonable at time to ask why the university should subsidize chronically losing sports programs while academic departments were struggling for funding as badly as they were. I’m glad that those days are behind us!

2 Likes

I felt the same… I was only sad that it made the Rockets defense struggle going into the playoffs when Sampson csme here. I was convinced of his coaching abilities that first year he got the team to play solid basketball; allowing them to have a respectable season for a very under skilled/undermanned team.

1 Like

Agree with you. Those were dark times, poor leadership across the board.

2 Likes