Rice Single Game Ticket Date?

i think rice selling the UH game only in that 2 game mini pack they are doing.

comes out to about 56 with fees but ya that’s funny. might as well just get the lower level seats. LOL

I want to be a little upset but then I remember we pulled the same thing on Tech fans last year.

If we do have an allotment, which I don’t see why we wouldn’t, it better serves UH to wait for that allotment so we can sell it out. It might not seem like that big a deal but I’ve been to a couple of games at Rice and we don’t exactly pack the house. (please don’t respond that we do better than Rice, it’s a very low measuring stick for a school that wants to be a P5)

2 Likes

Is there a way to “short” football tickets?

4 Likes

As someone who attends a fair amount of Rice games (wife is an alumnus), their tickets tend to be pretty expensive. I think they have found that their attendance has very little to do with price point so they might as well get what they can from the folks who do go.
That said, usually you can find deals on Groupon or a free ticket with purchase of something else on the game week.

1 Like

I started a new thread because I called the ticket office to ask if we are getting an allotment and they said the tickets are currently available now through phone orders.

I talked with Rice ticket office and our single game tickets go on sale August 13. I was told a week or so ago they would be on sale today (Aug 1). I am going to try to find seats for my group in sections 103 ~ 105 (I know Rice side) but will be in the shade. I am getting too old (60+) to sit in 95+ degrees with the sun in my face all day on the visitor’s side. Also asked Rice ticket office about the upper bowl visitor side and they said it is no longer used for Rice football games. Group tickets are available now for 15+.

Talk to our ticket office. Rice ticket office doesn’t sell UH ticket allotment, they sell their own tickets.

Jimmy - You’re correct in that Rice ticket office sells their single game tickets and not our allotment. All single games on sale today, just not U of H. I plan to purchase from Rice ticket office on the 13th. Rice ticket office told me today that sections 110 and 111 (goal line to the 30) were the tickets allotted to U of H as visitor seats, for now.

yeah i saw aug 13th on their ticketmaster site. oh well, i bought my tickets already. lol interesting they not doing GA on the visiter’s side.

You miss the point. Buying the tickets through UH supports UH athletics. It’s a 47k stadium that will be 1/3rd empty (at least) at kick off. Buy the tickets at UH and I promise you, you can pick other seats at game time if you want a better view.

4 Likes

The only time buying football tickets through U of H supports U of H athletics is bowl game tickets where there is a “required allotment” for both schools. I know this is a fact as two different Cougar Pride employees have confirmed. If a visiting team does not sell their regular season game allotment they just send back the unsold tickets to the home team. Bowl games are different in that the participating schools are on the hook for the required allotment.

1 Like

Correct. The “visiting allotment” is essentially a courtesy and (I think) often part of the scheduling or conference contract.

I did get verification directly from someone high up that UH purchases the tickets “on consignment” to make it convenient for UH fans to sit together and then returns unsold tickets for full refund by a certain date. So besides any fees the price of the ticket from UH is the price they pay Rice.

This doesn’t apply to bowl games or most neutral site games just to clarify.

Purchasing regular season away game seats does make it convenient for U of H fans to sit together in totally crap seats. The last time we played at Rice stadium I purchased our tickets through U of H ticket office and we had seats on the 2 yard line. For the away game at Texas State a couple of years ago I purchased through Texas State and we had our seats front row upper deck 50 yard line. The Texas State U of H tickets were end zone right in front of a loud speaker per many complainers posting.

For the Texas State game i was endzone all the way at the top on the very last row and i bought my tickets the day they were available. They were bad but being next to some state fans with all of us coogs cheering did make it better.

i bought mine on their website when they first went on sale. the section next to the band i believe.

Hope you don’t get drunk from the smell of alcohol coming from the Rice band, if that is the band you will be seated next to. If not, cancel my statement . . . . .

i meant when i went to the texas st road game and bought tickets from their site.