RICE

Yea but that was the year we tied the aggies and kept them from a national title and then Rice came back and beat them the next year.

Rice has never been our friend, rice tryed to keep us out of the SWC but failed
I have family members that went to rice too but they don’t deserve to play us

1 Like

Like most things involving the FB schedule
I’m in the minority but I love playing Rice just for that H Town based away game.

Another thing I’m in the minority on:
-Wanting a “1 and done” every year vs a select group of “national power teams” w a huge stadium.
For ex:Ohio State, Penn State, etc

Also
-I really like the trend of the majority of our non P5 away OOC games vs a rotation of Texas schools like UTSA, North Texas, etc.
Great for recruiting & travel.

I understand/like playing Boise but @Georgia Southern?
I’d rather keep playing @ UTSA or North Texas.

1 Like

I’d be down to play rice every year if they tried to be competitive in football. That’d Make a sweet in town rivalry. It was cool when we were in cusa cause it added an extra “away” home game every other year. But now. Not much interest.

If UT wont play us, why are we helping their sisters
No to UTEP, UTSA, UT Rio Grande, UT-Pan Am, UT-Dallas, UT-Arlington (moving mavs undefeated since 1985), UT-Tyler, etc!!!

I’d play UH-Downtown, UH-Clear Lake, UH- Victoria, UH-Sugar Land before those UT clowns schools

It could be awhile. Its start over time.
From this article:
“Rice’s 2018 team
posted a 2-11 record and played 21 true freshmen throughout those 13 games.”

“Rice received quite a haul in the transfer market this offseason. The Owls brought in 40 new players, including seven graduate transfers (2 from Harvard) and three JUCO transfers”

I agree , no UT related schools

3 Likes

I think that’s silly. Those schools are entirely different schools and teams and can’t help being under the thumb of the evil empire. I’m pretty sure that UT will make sure they are kept in their places much like UAB and Alabama.

2 Likes

Whatever marginal gain comes to UTSA for UH playing in San Antonio is far outweighed by the gain to UH having its area recruits there.

Its also a fun day(s) for the UH crowd in the general area & from Htown

2 Likes

My point is: I don’t like playing UT or aTm sister schools
All I said was, if we a going to play “sister schools”, lets play ours
when/if they become D1A. True to UT making them like UAB to Bama.

Ut-pan am and ut-rgv. Same school

1 Like

Believe they’re off the schedule for just one year. Pezman wants them on the schedule every year and I believe the Rice AD wants the same.

They finally get a win 31-28 @Mid Tenn.

1 Like

Messed up s “perfect” season