RICE

Are we off of Rice permanantly? Who decided they would not be on our schedule this year? Them or us? Are they on any future schedules. I like playing them.

They will be back on the schedule in 2020.

1 Like

Oh boy !

Rice in 2020,@21,22,@23.

1 Like

I used to look forward to the Rice game. Now…

3 Likes

I agree with Coog51!

1 Like

as long as we are winning. I still look forward to beating Rice.

1 Like

I’m fine with playing @ Rice and @ Tulane every year because it’s the best road trip for our fans!

1 Like

We should just really pay rice to play at TDECU every year

2 Likes

We should blacklist those guys. Fudge them. Can’t forgive them for when tdecu was under construction.

3 Likes

I’ll go along with the Tulane game; but the Rice game is early and in the heat and sun. It’s more drudgery to me and the MOB is like having to listen to the same corny joke over and over and over. If we never play Rice in anything ever again it would be fine with me.

4 Likes

I second that.

1 Like

Ditto

1 Like

My sentiments exactly.

Here is an interesting fact about Rice that few people know and most in College Station would like to forget. The longest losing streak against any team in America for the Aggies is against Rice.

3 Likes

My hatred for them goes WAY back - long before we even THOUGHT of TDECU Stadium; they have been treacherous enemies of ours since the very beginning!

2 Likes

[quote=“delmarred, post:15, topic:19826, full:true”]
Here is an interesting fact about Rice that few people know and most in College Station would like to forget. The longest losing streak against any team in America for the Aggies is against Rice.
[/quote]
I never knew THAT, but I will remember it now; thanks for letting me know!

If we never play Rice again, I’ll be completely ok with it.

6 Likes

The only good in it is that whe we play there it is an extra home game.

That was from mid 40s to mid 50s, when Rice was very good and Aggie struggled. Aggie finally broke the losing streak in 1955, when Rice had a 12-0 lead with 3 minutes to go, and Bear Bryant’s Aggies scored 3 times to beat them 21-12. ALL Rice has going for them nowadays is memories of olden times back then…i hope we beat em by 70 when we play em !!!