RIP Coach Yeoman

the world was better for him being here and drearier without him.

4 Likes

RIP.

2 Likes

I knew this would come one day, still not ready though. He will be missed

3 Likes

Really hits hard, coach and Harry Fouke were the first two people I interviewed with the Daily Cougar. He was so instrumental in putting UH on the map, and along with the Kids he would call them. If only we could do-over 2020. Thanks for all the memories coach!

8 Likes

Rest in Peace coach.

2 Likes

Damn. Thank you and rest in peace.

2 Likes

Without Bill Yeoman, there is no UH football. He set the foundation for what we see today at TDECU.

7 Likes

Truly sad news. A great man and ambassador for the university. Worth of all of the accolades he received and will be receiving.

2 Likes

A true legend
RIP Coach

4 Likes

Rest in Peace Coach Yeoman. He put us on the map of college football. I used to love watching Danny Davis run his VEER to perfection. He so loved the University of Houston. I am so grateful that Yeoman
stayed with us when he had other chances to move on. A Great Man, a Great Coach, a Great Coog.

5 Likes

Terribly sad day in Coog Nation. Rest In Peace Coach. We’ll miss you. Prayers to the family.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. I have many fond memories of watching Yeoman’s teams when I was a kid.

RIP great Coog!

2 Likes

I guess I had only actually talked to Coach Yeoman a half dozen times at the most. But each time, you would have thought he had known me for years and was as gracious as could be. He and Guy Lewis were the two true legends of UH and will be greatly missed by those of us who got to watch his teams and understand what he has meant to UH. Very sad, very sad indeed.

6 Likes

Prayers to Coach Bill Yeoman and his family.

2 Likes

When I was at UH in the 80’s, I worked at the library, delivering A/V equipment to professors for their classrooms all over campus. Needless to say some profs were not the friendliest for whatever reason. Once, I had to deliver equipment to Coach Yeoman. I show up, a little nervous, set up the equipment and was getting ready to leave. He said to me, paraphrasing, “why don’t you hang around?” with a smile. I couldn’t because I had another delivery and excused myself. That’s the one time I interacted with Coach. Such a great man that did so much for our school. RIP Coach. Godspeed.

7 Likes

RIP, Coach.

1 Like

RIP, coach. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

2 Likes

The UH, the football fraternity, and the community has lost a great person. The memories of my times at UH beginning in 1969 through his days as coach made me a Coog! Rest In Peace Coach. Prayers of sympathy to his family. Now all four of our legendary athletic leaders are together: Williams, Fouke, Lewis and now Yeoman. Thanks for all you did for the Coogs!

6 Likes

Joe, I know he had several opportunities to go to big name schools for much more money and yet he stayed loyal to UH. That alone, puts him in a special class. He was such a man of character; there’s a reason that he is the only player in Army football history to be named team captain for two years.

8 Likes

Guy V. Lewis, Harry Fouke, Bill Yeoman.
Old School, they loved UH.
I was fortunate to pass thru during their era. Their loyalty to our school, will never be matched.

10 Likes