SBNation reporting Applewhite will be fired

Had to be done!

Although that Yahoo article is mostly idiotic, the admin botched this situation. There is no doubt about it.

Pete Thamel is a complete douche bag as well as the majority of the writers for Yahoo. They do no investigation before writing their opinion piece.

5 Likes

Thamel couldn’t qualify to be Khator’'s door man.

7 Likes

Clearly not up with the times. It’s like my father in law who insists I read the Chron every morning to read about “exclusive” stories I read days prior. News just moves faster these days and most local papers and news stations just can’t catch up

The days since the bowl loss are the first time I’ve ever been embarrassed to be a Houston Cougar. And it has zero to do with the bowl loss.

1 Like

People on here doubting Bruce Feldman? Seriously?

Leaving Major twisting in the wind is a huge turn off to potential coaches. Nobody wants to be treated that way. Firing him at this point without having his replacement already locked up would be incompetent. You’d better have a really good replacement if you’re pulling the trigger this late.

If the story is true about the administration being non-responsive to his efforts to finalize contracts for his staff that is highly unprofessional. CMA may have leaked this in order to force their hand so he can either move on or be allowed to do his job.

Hopefully none of that is true and they are discussing whether to fish or cut bait. Pezman doesn’t want to establish his reputation as an AD with BS like this. It will cripple his ability to hire good coaches going forward.

2 Likes

After watching Clemson’s third string defense shut down ND’s first string offense, I am a Venebles fan. He has the fire in the belly for sure.

2 Likes

If true, then I agree, it would explain Briles departure. Perhaps he knew the writing was on the wall.

1 Like

You should never be embarrassed. Did you feel embarrassed before seeing Thamel’s post?

Sports reporters are supposed to report sports not their opinions. He has a specific dislike for us and that was apparent 2 years ago. He saw Feldman’s tweet and jumped on the opportunity to bash us.

4 Likes

Briles decided to leave right after he had been given a raise to make him the highest paid G5 assistant in the country. Does anybody seriously think that move would be made if the writing was on the wall regarding Applewhite? Those two moves don’t go together. There wasn’t any thought to firing CMA before the bowl debacle.

Exactly

Everybody says it’s just business when a coach leaves a school like UH and says it’s in his best financial interest
 good for him.

Well, it’s a two way street. The University is taking care of it’s business and working in its best financial interest.

11 Likes

Major had to be gone the moment Renu released her statement a few days ago. We couldn’t bring him back after that.

1 Like

Thamel might have out-roached Jerome Solomon with that one.

2 Likes

I think it all ramped up when we knew Briles was gone. My guess is Major was on thinner ice than most of us knew.

2 Likes

EXACTLY!!! Double standards and hypocrisy are one of my biggest pet peeve‘s.

Even if you knew absolutely nothing about the University of Houston you can read his disdain for our school. As if were beneath absolutely everything in this whole world.

We’re entitled to do whatever we need to do to persevere against the powers that be that try to keep us down including biased, incompetent, low life yahoo “reporters”.

5 Likes

Urban Meyer.

No idea

Clearly short of Nick Saban
there are going to be some pissed off Coogs !

Some weird views expressed on this thread !!!

The only binding positive part of this thread seems to be that Apple Boy is DONE !!

Me be so happy !

4 Likes