Season ticket prices going up

I just received my renewal letter for my basketball season tickets. Prices are going up. I had three season tickets but the increase means I will have to lose one and go down to two season tickets. I know the program is on the rise and the price increase is to be expected but it still sucks. Hope I can at least stay in the same base line area.

Got mine too but I wasn’t surprised about the slight increase considering that our BB venue remains the best sporting value around. I also noticed football tickets went down a little.so maybe it all equals out

2 Likes

That’s the gold standard indicator for program strength. A very good sign for Pez and KS.

3 Likes

Can you post the prices? I’m on the waiting list, can’t see right now.

I haven’t received anything yet; was it an actual letter or email?

It’s a Cougar Pride package. Basketball renewals don’t start until the middle of April and that was in a pre-Corona world…

The price increase (I can’t tell if my tickets in 117 increased. Don’t remember what I paid last year) is reasonable. We have a top 20 program. I’m willing to pay for that.

1 Like

If there was ever a season to have season tickets it’s this season coming up

1 Like

I suspect that the increase was already in the works but with the economic havoc that the COVID-19 has created with uncertainty of of future layoffs I may hold off to the last minute before I renew.

1 Like

Right now they shouldn’t increase anything and should probably push back deadlines for all season tickets.

2 Likes

My tickets went up $50 a seat. That might not sound like much but when on a budget it adds up when have three season tickets. Going to have to go down to 2 tickets next year. I like the area I’m in too, so will suck if they force me to move from the section even though I would still be buying two seats. The prices also wouldn’t be that bad if they didnt force a Cougar Pride donation on each seat, so they can fudge the donation numbers for the athletic department.

The Cougar Pride donation doesn’t bother me as much as the $30 processing fee. How is that possible? Someone breakdown what that $30 is covering and why it is so essential? It just seems like a petty jab at your supporters.

5 Likes

I remember when they had a processing fee for renewing online but not over the phone which made no sense. Processing fees are a money grab in my opinion - the overhead required to “process” should be covered in the cost of the product.

2 Likes

OK, I got that. I don’t remember what the price was last season, but I already ordered my football tickets the first day we could.

1 Like

What is deadline for basketball?

No clue, but I’m more worried about my early bird pricing for football. I’m not spending $1,000 to renew when I have not clue what will happen in the next few months.

3 Likes

I can certainly understand that and assume you are not alone in that regard.

1 Like

CougarPride got back with me and I was able to just drop the one seat and stay in the same location with the other two. I was told that they are going to push some things back with the virus going on, but I did not go into details with them on that.

1 Like

Ben - Our seats in TDECU have been $200 per ticket until our 2020 renewal. Now they are $225. IMO I still think a bargain at $37.50 game. Now with CP seat donation of $440 total is about $111 per game. CP donation has not gone up from day 1 required donation. BB tickets went from $225 last year to $275 for 2020 / 2021.

2 Likes

It strikes me that our prices are LOW

2 Likes