Seats

They have done a great job by using zip ties on the seats not to be occupied. Nobody is sitting directly in front or behind you. Good strategy.

4 Likes

It is really a weird feeling here. Hopefully some sort of atmosphere will come about at game time. But, just happy to be here!!

2 Likes

pix!?!?

3 Likes

Hat was a crappy photo the first time.

About that…so I got an unbelievable seat selection for my group of 4 tickets in section 117 Row 1 Seats 1-4. Tickets were emailed to me and we’re off and running. I transferred tickets to my buddy so he could take his brother and dad to Lamar game (I had to work Wednesday).

Monday afternoon rolls around I get a call from the ticket office saying they made a big mistake and my seats were inside “the bubble” for COVID and I needed to change my seat selection. Well, of course, my new tickets are section 109, Row 17. Not nearly as good but I understand the situation and the ticket office said they’d send me some basketball gear for my troubles. I was like, “cool”.

My buddy goes to the game and sends me this photo…

So that section behind the coach’s head is 117 and it looks like people were sitting in that front row.

I shoot my buddy a text and asked him if people were sitting there and he said it looks like it’s a mother and daughter and he said there are four seats available (including seats mother and daughter were sitting in) on that row and the rest of them are zip tied…

Those are the seats I initially selected and actually received tickets for in my email. And someone else was sitting in them. I’m going to Boise game this afternoon and will verify this, but if my tickets ended being given to a bigger donor last minute or if there was a glitch in the system, then I want to know AND I also want to know why I was straight up lied to by the ticket office about this “bubble”. I’m a pretty chill individual and don’t tip the scales when it comes to the football and basketball program. I love them both and will never stop supporting them and donating, but someone will have to answer for this.

3 Likes

You could always pony up more dough and see if it helps

1 Like

This is where coaches’ families were sitting
Including Kellen’s wife and daughter
And Coach Bishop’s family

Is this a poor attempt at humor?

1 Like

So why didn’t the ticket office say this to begin with? That is a fair and just explanation of why the tickets were stripped from me. Why use this “bubble” excuse?

The bubble also impacted where the coaches and family can sit. Especially with all the spacing rules.

2 Likes

From the above pics, I noticed that the benches were moved to the other side in front of floor student section, which I had expected. But, I can’t tell if the cameras were also moved to the opposite side and I didn’t get to see the first game. Have they also moved like many of us were hoping for?

TV cameras still on Cullen side

Cameras were not going to move this season. No real need to anyway with COVID crowds

I thought it was pretty bourgeois

2 Likes

Ticket office guy came by and gave me gear and a signed ball and explained the mix up. I jumped the gun. Love my Coogs.

11 Likes

Good for you! All is well that ends well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. They really do try to do right, but sometimes mistakes happen. Glad they took care of you to your satisfaction.

3 Likes