SEC AAC scheduling agreement

It’s a quality home and home. Don’t care who we are not playing.

2 Likes

They have had one great and one decent season over the last 20 years. If they play anything like they have the last two years, it’s not a “quality” opponent.

If this deal wasn’t about the SEC getting the better end of the SOS numbers then ask yourself why this deal didn’t end up with UH vs A&M, Florida vs USF or UCF, LSU vs Tulane, Tennessee vs Memphis, etc.

1 Like

You’re missing the whole point. The SEC entered into this because they already have a scheduling arrangement with the Big 12 and 4 SEC teams get left out of that because the Big 12 only has 10 teams. Since those teams kind of get the shaft by virtue of being in a bigger conference, the SEC entered into this deal with our conference to get those 4 teams a potentially good home and home that they are otherwise missing out on due to a numbers imbalance and so they get to participate in a “challenge” I guess. For our conference members it gives the opportunity to get some potentially decent home and homes on the schedule, which is not that easy.

South Carolina was kind of a mess when Martin took over. You mentioned the last twenty years, but over the last four they’ve been solid and could be good next year since I think they return most of their team. But of course there is no guaranty. Every single year over the last four they’ve been better than St. Louis was in the two years we had the home and home with them. Also, we’re probably not in great position to criticize a program for their cumulative results over the last 20-30 years.

I’d rather the SEC do this with our conference than with the MWC or something because we have too much pride to take it. Again, Virginia scheduled a home and home with South Carolina for last year and this year.

1 Like

Never seen so many whiny cry babies. Bring on any and all of the SEC programs in BB or FB all day long.

And if we’re really good enough, the NET rankings won’t really matter all that much.

2 Likes

yeah really doesn’t bother me a whole lot either way. It will give our team an OOC road challenge.
Somemof ya’ll focus way too much SOS. Sure it matters but not really worth disecting every game.
Bottom line is, easy schedule or tough schedule if we win a lot of games we will be in the tournament. Beat the bad teams and win some against the good ones

1 Like

You also want to play good teams to prepared yourself for the tournament. Ain’t no fun just beating cupcake city and once tournament comes you lose in the first round.

1 Like

No concern here with cupcake city in the AAC with teams like Memphis, Cincinnati, Wichita State, UConn, et al.

3 Likes

Youre just naming conference foes we see twice a year. I’m talking about ooc foes lol.

Yes the Conference foes are over half the schedule and the back side of the season.

We willmplaya few good OOC games a season plus the AAC which shoukd be good enough.