Selection Commitee top 16 (Houston #8 - 2 seed)

we are the last 2 seed

at “worst 4” is not accurate even a 1 bit… the 2 biggest college basketball shows just said they think houston should be a 3seed assuming we win out by seasons end and tulsa/tech remain where they are now…
1 loss isnt a major meltdown…

1 Like

If it comes to pass, I love our chances against the teams in our regional.

2 Likes

Lol. I gotta stop with you now. Have a good one.

1 Like

If we win out and say we lose in the conference tourney to say Memphis in the semis or something…would that drop us you think?

The program is fighting the same bias Gonzaga used to face. If your not inside of the so called power conferences that have big deals with the networks you don’t get respect.

2 Likes

impossible to tell… we need tech to finish strong… if tech finishes strong, 2 or 3 line is the most likely in that scenerio, in my opinion

1 Like

Bilas is high on UH, not negative. He didn’t say one word today abt Houston not being deserving of #2 seed. Lot of inaccuracies being posted here. Matter of fact he’s the one that went on College GameDay n talked great about Coogs rt b4 their loss to ECU. Davis & Seth Greenberg are ones saying that WVU should overtake Houston.

4 Likes

Don’t ask pesik…he’s thinking worse case scenario as #6 or #7 seed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grin:. Just messing w ya pesik, but need more positivity.

1 Like

Two quick questions: First - I don’t mean to be snarky - but what is there in Seth Davis’ resume or background that indicate anyone should care what his opinion is? I get Clark Kellogg - although if CBS were being upfront it might disclose his affilliation with the conference that can’t count and obvious bias. However as for Mr. Davis - I don’t have any reason to think his opinion is worth 10 rubles.

Second - did I see right that although we are an “8” we are in the same bracket as MIchigan? That would be sweet.

none of the analysts said we were a 7…they said we shouldnt be a 2 seeds…thats it

the 7 seed thing, was joprior twisting what i said earlier … i said earlier there’s a thin line between us being a 2-7 seed …as an example noted that if tech flopped, tulsa became a q3 loss (on a losing streak) and we managed to take 1 more q3 loss…we could see ourselves on the 6 line …which he for some reason took offense to

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1360657081695674373

1 Like

Gonzaga and Baylor seem to be above everyone else.

After them it is anyone’s game.

side note: if these brackets hold we are in the Michigan bracket …which could make for a fun elite 8

3 Likes

Davis in not an analyst in the most true sense, he is a promoter of the b10 and the acc. He is a network flunky. He is also a dookie and his heritage shows, not just against us, but all who are not a member of the traditional “blue bloods”. I just don’t like or respect him.

4 Likes

I would love to either blow them out or win on a heartbreaking last second shot. Oh and for the refs to give us an imaginary “five point play” just for kicks. I still can’t believe how ridiculous that game was.

6 Likes

Just win, baby.

2 Likes

Actually, I think we would be in Gonzaga’s bracket. I thought it was a little strange we showed up in Michigan’s bracket on the preview show, when I thought from all I’ve seen, that this year’s bracket was going to be a straight-seeded bracket (1v8 2v7 3v6, etc.) due to it being played in one geographic location (save for a few exceptions given to possible early-round rematches of conference opponents). But based on this, Houston as an 8 overall should be in Gonzaga’s bracket as a 1 overall and that last 2-line spot.

1 Like

That is the bracket everyone should want. Race towards your destiny and place vengeance above all else!

1 Like

Winning takes care of everything!

I read that as, “Houston is basically a Gonzaga clone.”

You can’t convince me that’s not what he meant. :wink:

3 Likes