Selection Commitee top 16 (Houston #8 - 2 seed)

If we win out we will probably be. 2 seed with an outside shot to be a 1.
Other teams are losing and not just to other highly ranked opponents

I don’t pay much attention to what they say, but great to have UH on their minds and in the news.

Despite what Sampson says this league is lacking heavyweights. Take Davis off SMU and they are a bottom feeder. Same goes for Ettiene for WSU.

2 Likes

Hopefully we will have the last laugh.

1 Like

Taken from official selection committee guidelines on ncaa.com…i.e. we would be in Gonzaga’s bracket, NOT Michigan’s.

I’d rather fall to a 3 seed as the 9 or 10 overall seed, rather than be a 2 seed at 7 or 8 overall. I would much prefer to avoid Baylor and Gonzaga’s brackets this year.

2 Likes

Your comment about the AAC is valid, when you made the example of SMU w/o Davis etc… That statement also shows how GREAT. our Coogs are, because we loose Caleb Mills and we are still having a tremendous year. You can’t say that about a lot of the top 10 teams in the NCAA, but not all of them. No way Iowa would be in the top 10 without Garza! I am sure there are other teams that are highly ranked that are that way!

I would like to see the selection committee place Gonzaga and UH in separate divisions where they could not play each other unless both make the title game.

If this were to happen the POWER 5 FB Conferences that are now being pushed by the media as superior, would be excluded for the first time from the title game. (May be incorrect but I don’t recall a title game during the P5 era, not being represented in the title game.)

The ACC is being called a one only tournament team with a remote second team, mainly if UH loses the conference tournament.

Florida St. is second in the ACC with only 3 losses. Their worst loss is at home to UCF, 86 - 74. UCF is presently 8th in the AAC.

Ole Miss is 7th in the SEC but have home wins against then #11 Tennessee, 52-50 and then #10 Missouri 80-59. Wichita St. went to Ole Miss and won 83-79. Due to Covid OOC Tournament games have been cancelled, some other OOC games have been cancelled like the UH vs Alabama. The OOC has been shortened so the AAC teams had even fewer chances of scheduling P5 programs in BB.

Yes I am aware of the 7 major conferences being promoted by the media in BB, but when it comes to who gets into the tournament, it is BIG10 is world beaters, BIG12 is great, etc, etc. We will find out in the tournament since unlike FB, everyone has a shot.

Again, I would like to see Gonzaga and UH in separate division so that the BIG10 and BIG12 teams must defeat them on the court and not in the media.

2 Likes

out of gonzaga and baylor’s brackets, those see to have been the clear elites this year, i’d give the coogs 50/50 vs the other projects ones.

of course the conference general lack of respect probably puts them vs Gonzaga.

I just want the tourney to get played this year. We already got robbed of one potential deep run, dont want another relegated to the land of what ifs.

3 Likes

Mills=Garza

Lol til the end of time

Wow! The way that is taken out of context. My point is that the Coogs are much more balanced talent wise than some of the top teams that are much more dependent on some players!

A chance to pay Michigan for that last second shot.

NET #5, Coaches #5, AP #6, yet committee has us #8 and so called “analysts” think we aren’t even deserving of that. Do I have that right?

1 Like

The committee ratings did come out before Villanova lost.

Seth Davis is a TOOL.

3 Likes

on a random sidenote

the womens team has a chance to make the tournament for the 1st time in a decade, 2nd time in almost 2 decades

espn bracketology has the womens team the 1st team out, with a really favorable schedule to finish out

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

7 Likes

What’s the deal with Davis? Do I remember correctly that he has (or had) a beef with UH because of the CTH fiasco?

I think CTH was Pete Thamel.

Bilas and a few others know we are a really solid team.

Just win baby. We will never be loved, we never have been loved, we are generally loathed by the establishment. It makes winning that much sweeter.

1 Like

Thanks