September heat and night games

Looking at the schedule, our first game against Rice will be Thursday night. We don’t know what time, it could be the regular 7:00pm game or part of a double header and be the 6:00pm or later game; but at least we know it won’t be a midday scorcher. We then play at Washington and at Memphis.

Our next home game will be against UNT and no telling what time that will be; but brace yourself for a mid day game. However, on Sept. 26 it should not be as hot as early September.

The game against Tulane on October 8 is another Thursday night game like Rice. We are then on the road again for BYU and Navy.

The next home game is Oct. 31 on Thursday night. Should be nice or maybe even cold. From then on, its November and should be pleasant or cold.

All things considered, heat wise, this should be one of our better seasons. I am ready for some football!!!

9 Likes

Did anyone consider what it is like to wear a mask in the blazing heat.

And don’t forget the amazing humidity.

We are playing Washington State not U of Washington. Up there. The weather will be nice.

1 Like

I’ll be wearing my storm trooper armor for the first game…way hotter than any mask

One of the hottest games I remember was vs. Tulane in early October about 9 years ago. That one and the game at Rice a couple years ago stand out to me as two of the hottest.

2 Likes

That Tulane game was hot, but I think it was worse at Rice. I put my phone in my see through bag I keep my camera in and it overheated I was halfway home before it cooled off enough to power back on.

Do you think the masks will stay on? I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

If they make masks mandatory, I’ll just stay home. Not wearing a mask.

2 Likes

If we have to wear masks, we should be allowed to bring bullhorns. Can’t effectively make noise in a mask.

Not to worry…with Global Warming the Virus is as good as cooked.

Happy Days are here again !!

5 Likes

A rolled-up program works well!

1 Like

But what about the game on Halloween? I’ll wear a mask even if there is no virus. - However, our opponent for that game, UCF, should only get tricks, no treats.

Maybe it will be like restaurants, you have to wear the mask to enter and all the way to your table. Then you can take it off. But if you get up to go to the bathroom the mask has to go back on.
That’s Los Angeles, I’m sure Texas is different

Here in Texas the sign on the door, of some restaurants, recommends wearing a mask but does not require them. Some restaurants don’t even mention masks, but the staffs wear them.

The restaurants I have been into lately practice distancing with a table spaced between people. Not mask on.Although the employees keep them on.

2 Likes

That’s what we have experienced Ray. We normally go eat early before the crowds arrive

I have an easy choice either I go to Frenchies on I-10 before the game or I go afterwards.

Love me some Frenchies…