Should I Be Nervous

Agree with your comments Jess. IMO this is a perfect game and situation for our youthful team to grow and gain confidence. Then at home against Memphis is another opportunity to grow. Just saying a win at UCONN and take the Memphis game would be a really nice finish heading into post season. Tough but doable.

1 Like

It’s going to Happen!!

Nervous nelly

We are all nervous. Heck I was nervous when we played Rice lol. A win over UConn would assure that FC would be totally rocking Sunday!

3 Likes

Should you be nervous?

Silly question!

You are a Coog!

Of course you should be nervous!!!

6 Likes

LMAO!!

Not nervous. Confident the team will get the job done.

Hopefully the team isn’t reading this thread.

Players shouldn’t be nervous.

Old Coogs should be nervous.

And for gosh sakes the players don’t care what nonsense us old guys write to each other.

If what posters wrote effected performance then you should shut down every board in America.

I’m preparing for the worst (L) but hoping for the best. For us to get the W, we need some scoring from our bigs, if we can get 25 total points between Gresham, Harris, Gorham and White and cut down on the silly fouls, we should win…GO COOGS

2 Likes

How many times has this happened?

1 Like

It would be nice, but we don’t need 25 points from those players. The last time we played UConn those guys scored a combined 14 points with 18 rebounds.

It is also important to note that Sasser and Hinton had ZERO points. What are the odds those two players will play Game 2 with no points?

I’m not a statistician, but I’d say pretty low. What are the odds we DO NOT take 15 foul shots? Very, very good IMO. NO, I am not giving odds on that prediction!

1 Like

The Coogs are favored by 2.

Last AAC home game for them. Mentally, they’re probably already in the Big East and want show people how they are upgrading their program. Even more of a reason why I want to beat them.

1 Like

We’re better physically and on paper but tonight will be a test of the mental part of the game like turnovers, free throws, silly fouls, spacing, switching off, communication and those kinds of things and more often than not, those kinds of things are difference makers in the month of March.

That’s just my opinion and I’m not nervous about it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

About to drive down to Connecticut with a couple other Northeast Coogs. Playing on campus at UConn is tough. 2013 we beat them in Hofheinz, then I went to the Storrs game 2 months later: huskies won by 40.

All the games since, I believe, have been in Hartford, 3 times I think, one was the conf. tourney. Gimpel is kinda scary. Luckily the kids on our team are tougher than me haha.

1 Like

Of course Dickey was the coach then !!

Losses:

WL . . . UH . . . FT . . . TM . . . FT . . . DIF
L . . . UH . . . 10 . . . CIN . . . 31 . . . -21
L . . . UH . . . 12 . . . MEM . . . 30 . . . -18
L . . . UH . . . 14 . . . SMU . . . 21 . . . -7
L . . . UH . . . 11 . . . TLS . . . 20 . . . -9

We can not lose to the nutmeg state. Does anyone even know what a nutmeg is?

I looked it up, they don’t even grow nutmeg in Conn.

What a stupid little state. Do they really get two Senators? If so Katy deserves 2 senators.

2 Likes

I really hope you are joking. Yeah I admit that state doesn’t bring a whole lot as far as GDP to the US, but Ummm it is something called the United States Consitution. All states have two senators and the number of congressman from a state is based on population.