SHSU Take 3 (L 3-2)

Ok dude. Try that math in a regional series. It is who wins the games, not the statistics. But hey, you are right, I am wrong and the Coogs are the Conference, Regional, and World Series Champions in…statistics! Meanwhile, we look forward to next season in the real world…Jeez.

1 Like

Anyways. I hope you are right. I want them to win. I’m just commenting on the failings I am seeing now in real time. I won’t post anymore if it makes you feel better.

3 of our 4 best hitters are either out or banged up due to injury and have been for going on 3 weeks now. Has a lot to do with our current hitting issues as we’re relying more on the 4 freshmen in the lineup to get key hits; freshmen tend to be inconsistent.

Means our pitching has to be solid for us to win at this point. Lately, the pitching has been inconsistent as well as we’ve had 2 of our top 4 starters out and have had to rely on freshmen (especially during the midweek games) more. Again, freshmen tend to be inconsistent.

We’re still 24th in the RPI and would probably have to nosedive at this point to not make the tournament. Yes, our hosting hopes are probably gone, but that wasn’t even a hope at the beginning of the season; making the tourney was. Hopefully, we can continue to get healthy before then and have a good showing. If not, we’ve got a lot of our core back next year.

1 Like

Bottom 8th
Popout to short, single to 2nd, K, runner advances to 3rd on 2 wild pitches, groundout to short

T9…SHSU leads 3-2

Top 9th
Lockhart HBP
Bielamowicz Groundout to the pitcher, Lockhart to 2nd
Padgett to pinch hit for Slaughter
Lineout to 2nd, Lockhart double off.

Ball Game, 3-2 SHSU

That is fine. But when it counts important hitters (not so banged up) don’t hit when it counts but they do hit when the bases are empty. Other teams have not been scoring like crazy, but they have been scoring more than we have been scoring, especially in the late innings. Can anyone agree we have a problem with hitting? I watch and/or listen to every single game. Anyways, that is the issue with this team, and it is not recent. Do statistics really matter in a pennant race? I don’t understand most of these responses. Did you guys ever play baseball? 3 games to nothing!

1 Like

I said that there’s a problem hitting and gave you the reason why. I know you’re frustrated and it’s OK to vent, but please don’t dismiss our answers when replying because we’re not giving you the answer you want. Yes, I did play baseball and have been watching the Coogs for a couple of decades. Trust me, this year is a lot less frustrating than last year was when we truly couldn’t hit.

We’re all just as frustrated, but there are reasons to our current issues. Hopefully, we can get healthy enough for the conference games because those are the ones that really matter.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/859591229415337986

Dude, the Cougars have lost 4 out of their last 7 games, and, 3 in a row. I would call that a losing trend. lol

Hire the shsu coach.

I am surprised we allowed Romero to return to the team. That said, it is what it is. That’s two years in a row his childish antics have hurt this team. Only time will tell how much he has hurt this team this year…