SMU beat Evansville who beat Kentucky

At Indiana by two points. Either Kentucky I s not good Ior SMU is improved.

1 Like

Or the transitive property in sports isn’t a great measure.

21 Likes

both, kentucky is still good, but probably not #1 good… smu is definitely improved…the juco they got has been amazing (jolly)…whats interesting is they are still waiting on 2 ncaa waivers and could get drastically better based on the ncaa decision

1 Like

I watched some of this game. It is noteworthy it was played at Evansville, whereas Kentucky lost to Evansville in Lexington. I thought both teams played well, SMU is a decent team and our American Conference games promise to be intense.I also note that Kentucky got back on track by blowing out a powerhouse Utah Valley team by 8 full points. So it is barely possible Kentucky is not yet an elite team.

1 Like

I think they have improved some, but not a lot. Mike will be the biggest issue for us. We can handle Jolly, Evansville’s guards who aren’t great did a good job on him.

If we sweep smu we need to hang an elite eight banner

2 Likes

Kentucky has been bitten by the injury bug and played 7 kids on scholarship tonight. So they’re basically SMU from 2 years ago.

Except they’re expecting a lot of talent back.

Since Evansville beat Kentucky, and SMU beat Evansville, when we beat SMU twice, and Kentucky wins the national championship, will UH put up a National Championship banner like UCF did in football? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

All this said, it just goes to show that we can’t take anyone lightly, including Rice. Tonight’s game will be one of the few rowdy crowds to play there this year…add that to the possibility they hit 13 treys like they did in the upset win at UC Santa Barbara and we will need to step up…and oh yeah, did I mention that Rice normally gets the benefits of the officiating no matter what sport we are playing there…

1 Like