SMU Tix?

Well, we have managed to weasel out of a commitment for next weekend and can make it up to Dallas for the game after all. The SMU site has tickets but I don’t want to sit among them (I’m funny that way). If anyone here has two tickets in the UH section that they want to sell, hit me up, please. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Bob:
I’ve probably made most of our games at SMU post-SWC. I don’t think you’ll have any problem moving freely about the stadium–at least on the visitors’ side.

My group plan on buying tickets at the stadium next week.

Thanks, Mike…we made the game in '16 but I drank heavily afterward to erase the stench. Worst regular season roadie ever. I did make a state trooper friend near Huntsville who stopped me to chat about Mustangs (he drove one, too). :roll_eyes:

I was wondering because our ticket site says our allocation is sold out. Not sure what that really means in terms of available space. If I don’t nab some here by Monday I’ll just get what they have available on SMU’s site.

Speaking of which, I may be headed up there as well. What section will Coogs be sitting in?

Patrick the visitors sections are marked as 116-120 in the lower bowl which is where we had our seats in '16 as well. StubHub has some in 121 which is close.

3 Likes

I believe it will be the area of the stadium with seats that face the field.

Thanks to SMU’s average attendance, they will all be available to Coogs.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll see if I can go.

I have a procedure this week to try and help fix my back. As far as Coog related, it’s being performed by former UH All-American kicker, Dr Sebastian Villarreal, who’s my pain management doctor. He has an office over near Katy Mills mall and is the Pain Management lead for Houston Methodist West. Supposedly, I’ll be good to go by Saturday.

8 Likes

Hope your procedure goes well Patrick. Best wishes.

6 Likes

And if you thought UH has an attendance problem, SMU was only able to get 16,000 at their stadium Saturday

1 Like

Thanks, Dan.

I talked to someone about seats today and he said that the side of the stadium that section 121 is in will get a lot of sun. The other side is more expensive, but you’ll be in the shade. He guessed that SMU had 20K empty seats for the last game.

1 Like

East side is for Coogs. 6:00 kick won’t have too many sun issues.

2 Likes

We were in Dallas a few weeks ago for an event at the Medical School near Love Field. If the lines at the 7-11 are too long, I would recommend Saint Rocco’s Italian in Trinity Groves. There was a Mexican place there as well that looked good with a lot of covered outdoor seating. If you just want desert after the game there’s a cake place too.

1 Like

Good luck Pray, you getting steroid injections? Been there. Ultimately I ended up getting a microdiscectomy of my L4-5 due to 80% compression of my nerve on my right side.

If you have the same thing going on I hope it goes perfect. Back pain is so debilitating. Good luck, God Bless.

3 Likes

Deleted incorrect info…I was mistaken.

So all the UH section tix are sold out?

Like what is being said go to stub hub and look for tiks in area being mentioned or do what I plan on doing and just call and deal directly w SMU Athletic Ticket office. They just have to sign you w an account… no biggie I did same couple yrs back w TxSt game. Just will get emails to buy SMU tiks for future gms then you can unsubscribe to email etc… Or help them out and buy some tiks SMU vs Dallas Baptist VBALL gm :smile:

1 Like

That Mexican Food place (Beto & son) also serves those Nitrogen frozen margaritas.
Hopefully they will change the name after the election.

2 Likes

Getting stem cell injections in the neck and lower back.

I had laser spine surgery two years ago so I can’t get steroid injections into the neck anymore. The surgery worked allowing me to sit and stand without debilitating pain, but U still have other problems in both areas that don’t allow for any lasting relief.

I can honestly say, when you tell your kids about using correct posture, hopefully they listen. I’m a tall guy so I tended to slouch a lot when sitting - spent 18 years in a chair at work sitting improperly, also spent 18 years lifting heavy things due to being in the military, and probably didn’t life with my legs enough. Throw in I spent most of my life playing basketball or intramural sports, and then lifting my kids when we went to theme parks, and I think I overdid it when I started training for marathons and half-marathons. Final straw was during a half-marathon when I wasn’t feeling right the entire time; came home from it not feeling right and haven’t felt right ever since. Was the reason I had to leave the military as I just couldn’t sit or stand for longer than 30 minutes without collapsing.

All good though. I try to keep a good mentality about it all and, hell, it’s the reason I now try and do what I do here. Got to pass the time somehow.

Thanks for the well wishes and hopefully I come out all right on the other side tomorrow.

8 Likes