So who won the Faux National Championship game

I didn’t watch it. I checked my phone and saw Georgia was ahead 13 - 0 in the Second Quarter. I thought game was over at that point and never checked the score again assuming that Georgia won that game. In the SEC, that is a colossal choke.

I didn’t care about the game. To quote a well known coach if you don’t win your conference you shouldn’t be in the playoffs. Opps sorry Saban open mouth and insert foot by saying your team deserved to be in more than Ohio State who did win their conference. Oh and bye the way what was the SEC Record in bowl games this year and what was the Big 10 record in bowl games this year.

The Alabama Crimson Jihad won the game, to answer the original question.

+1000 Sam!

I literally forgot it was even occurring. I didn’t watch one second of the CFP.

1 Like

Alabama crushed ACC champion Clemson and then won the national championship. Apparently they did belong in the CFP. Again I can’t imagine not watching the national championship game because of some grievance. But that’s just me.

BECAuse it isn’t a nationa championship. It just the ESPN invitational championship.

3 Likes

It is. Of course other teams could have been in the playoff and I would expand it to eight. But those were the four best according to most metrics. Ohio State did lose three games.

But they were the conference championship of what was clearly the best conference this year. And Saban told us the minimum should be to win your conference.

Saban, like any coach or politician, is going to say whatever supports his position at the time. I guess you’re trying to convince me that the CFP isn’t a great system. There’s no need; I agree. But I wouldn’t miss a game like Alabama-Georgia because I have a grievance with that system. I can understand, however, why some would.

It’s principalities.
-Big Worm

1 Like

Ohio State was in last year and were not conference champions !

Also , you seem to assume that Saban thinks the system is fair…maybe he just plays the hand that is dealt him.