ON THE OPPONENT
• Houston is 5-24 all-time against Texas and 2-7 when hosting the Longhorns at Cougar Softball Stadium.
• The two teams have already met in 2018 with Texas winning 7-3 on Feb. 17 in the Puerto Vallarta College Challenge in Mexico.
• Winners of seven straight, the Longhorns enter Tuesday with a 19-13 overall record. Texas, who defeated No. 25/rv Texas State to open its win streak, is coming off sweeps of Kansas and Iowa State to open Big 12 play 6-0.
• At Iowa State, Kaitlyn Washington led the Longhorns with a .500 batting average, going 5-for-10 with three home runs and seven RBI to be named the Big 12 Conference Player of the Week.
• On the season, Texas is hitting .263 as a team and holds a 2.72 ERA in the circle.
• Janae Jefferson leads the Longhorns in batting average (.351), hits (34) and on-base percentage (.447), while Kaitlyn Slack (15), Bekah Alcozer (14) and Paige von Sprecken (14) lead the team in RBI. In the circle, von Sprecken leads the team with a 1.76 ERA and is 7-5 on the year.
• The Longhorns are led by Head Coach Connie Clark. She is 859-388-3 in her 23rd year (22 varsity seasons) at the helm.
Top Offensive Players:
Kelli Montgomery | 1-3, HR, 3 RBI, R
Arielle James | 2-3, R
Sarah Queen | 1-2, BB, R
Kaylin Crumpton | 1-2, BB
Tierrah Williams | 1-3
Savannah Heebner | 1-3
Savannah Heebner (W, 15-4) | 7.0 IP, CG, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 4 K