Softball vs SHSU - Austin Regional Game 2 (W 5-0 - In the Regional Final, play tomorrow)

Two reasons:

1. Softball pitching is easier on the arm as it goes with the natural rotation of the shoulders. Baseball goes against what our shoulders are naturally supposed to do when throwing which is why there’s so much stress and issues with pitching and…
  2. Sadly, softball careers don’t go on much beyond college. There are professional leagues, but they haven’t caught on to where ladies can make a long career out of it. Therefore, this is basically their pinnacle and the worry about preserving arms just isn’t there. Kids and coaches want to win and it makes sense to go all out now.
4 Likes

Most of y’all know I’m a proud SHSU Grad-- Class of 83. But also been very very huge supporter of Coog Athletics for 50 yrs since I was 8 or 9. Every once and while these situations come up n makes for conflicting moments. Proud of what BearKats softball program has done this year-- Reg season champs, Conf Tourney Champs but I’ve been pulling for Coogs just bec I think they have much stronger chance to move on. #GoCoogs #EatEmUpKats

3 Likes

Good points!

1 Like

One more tie in to this Region. Last I saw Alabama was in a 4-4 battle with ASU in winners bracket game in their region. Austin Region plays winner of Tuscaloosa Region in Supers.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarSB/status/1129838396568952832

Man, would be real interesting to see what would happen if the Coogs could get through and Alabama lose their regional. Possibility then exists for the Coogs to host the Supers.

What SHSU has done has been incredible this year. Program on the upswing.

1 Like

Absolutely

1 Like

Appreciate ya! I got tired of us for about 5 year period trying to beat North Dakota State in FCS playoffs. Two yrs in row in Ship gm w Frtiz at helm(now turning Tulane around) but great memories of my wife/I going to all the playoff gms to get there. Great School and good Athletics programs.

1 Like

So saw the tweet about play about to resume but still nothing on ESPN.

1 Like

Just started again!

1 Like

There it is

1 Like

And 1st batter after the delay breaks up the no-hitter for Bell. Quickly erased on a double play though.

1 Like

Nice dp

2 Likes

So Zales is really pumping their jewelery during this game on ESPN. It either the Zales Aladin commercial, Progressive, or crappy Xfinity.

2 Likes

If Softball was a fall sport, Thomas might have been good on the track team too.

2 Likes

Im sorry but the Genie to me will always be Robin Williams. Will Smith just does not work for me. Becuase Robin is not alive, maybe Aladin is one of those movies not to remake.

1 Like

Agreed. Robin Williams made the original…without him, I’m not sure it would be that popular.

1 Like

Bell gives up a single in the 6th, but leaves the runners stranded. Coogs head to the 7th up 3-0.

1 Like

Hmmm. You ahead of me somehow. She was still batting on espn3 when i saw your post! :fearful::cold_face::exploding_head::cold_sweat::scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes