South Alabama beating up on Tulane

Look at the difference in words we both used. I said up and you said over.

He beat two UH teams that did not turn out to be good. People are trying to put him on the same level as Norvel et al. All of the coaches heā€™s being compared to have moved on and got new jobs. Heā€™s still at Tulane unable to break 7 wins. Has he improved their program? Yes. Iā€™m not dismissing that. Has he displayed elite coaching? The game tonight answers that.

Now cue the tiresome ā€œwell itā€™s not easy recruiting to Tulaneā€ narrative. With the transfer market of today and being in the AAC, you should be able to significantly out-talent teams like USA.

He was exposed today. His fans just donā€™t want to admit it.

The call was leaping, not leaping over. BTW, had he not tried leaping over, he would not have been flipped. The fact is he did and was called. End of story, end of game.

The call is leaping but you are allowed to leap. Thatā€™s how kicks are blocked by leaping or getting around blockers. You can also be flipped by your torso slightly going over a persons shoulders or if a blocker dips and flips your slight forward progress. The latter didnā€™t happened but I hope you understand the former might have happened. Even the commentators talked about it being a call that shouldnā€™t have ended the game.

Whatever.

Exactlty.Thanks for the thoughtful response. :joy:

Tulane started slow, but coaching and talent won out. Fritz has done good things there. They have a great defense and have altered their offense to meet their strengths.

The SBC came to play this season. Recruiting in the SE of the country and the transfer portal have done good things for that conference. However,

BigXII 0-3 vs SBC
AAC 3-0 vs SBC

THAT IS ALLā€¦

4 Likes

Not coming alive until late in the 4th quarter is starting slow? Iā€™d hate to see them do that against better competition. idk they look like ā€œtheyā€™re backā€ and I donā€™t mean that in a good way.