Sports Media taking huge hits

So, was that a good read? Where can I get a copy? It would sure beat all the stuff we are subjected to right now. :wink:

4 Likes

If I had my druthers coming out of high school, I would have majored in sportscasting and become what Jim Nantz has become. However, not being tall, good looking, a former college or pro athlete, and smooth, I knew my chances at securing such a gig were pretty remote. So, I ended up in a career in the engineering world that kept me employed and supported me in a pretty decent manner.

Some folks follow their dreams and it makes for a great story when it works out. On the other hand, there’s a lot to be said for being practical. It’s kind of like deciding where one wants to live; my dad gave me this advice: It’s better to make a good living in a place you may not prefer than it is to starve in paradise.

Each path has its pros and cons, but all that philosophy doesn’t matter much when one is out of work and trying to provide for a family. I really feel badly for all of the people thrown out of work by this pandemic. It doesn’t really matter which side of the political spectrum one is on, you just have to have feelings for all of the families affected; it just breaks my heart.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear all this. Although I feel we have had way too much of this, I still feel for them. We do need sports back and quick. We need to relax our minds and root senselessly for our teams and enjoy it. I feel like our DNA has been scrambled without sports and we are not ourselves because of it.

1 Like

When will there ever be a good shake-up in that industry anyway? Feel for anyone losing their jobs but i’m sure some good will come out of it and at the end of the day you realize talking heads are just not that important in the grand scheme of things.

I’m sure it will be like most all industries in the wake of this latest nonsense, the big corporate behemoths will survive and flourish with less competition and the little guys will struggle to not go out of business entirely.

1 Like

I’m not surprised since there are very few live sports to cover.

1 Like