Suicide Squad*

Call yourselves that
We have a HC and yall are posting about new coaches, him leaving, his commitment, a bad season. AFTER 2 LOSSES!!?! are yall insane!? no wonder they say we have self esteem issues. Stop rocking the boat and post something positive. PLEASE!! Everyone has their ups and downs and hes a great HC.

Ride with us losing or dont ride with us at all.
Disgraceful, to let everyone else be right about us. 1 step forward 2 steps back with our “fans”

cant believe the amount of bs im reading from “grown” folk as yourselves

8 Likes

Nothing good is going to come from this thread. And am not sure if you were around for the Sumlin and Briles doublespeak skidaddles.

We have reason to be wary and critical. That being said Herman has my full support and everyone wants him to stay and be successful here for many years.

4 Likes

Its a psychological affliction. The diagnosis is “Battered Coog Syndrome”. The cure, while rudimentary, is as follows:

1. bottle of jameson
  2. watch entire 2001 season with louisville game as the finale
5 Likes

Jenna? ;'P

There, there…feel better?

Or as we veterans from the old board who have been through the Briles and Sumlin debacles …

Hoping for the best but preparing for the worse …

This Sat. UCF game will be an excellent gauge as to where we stand. The Knights have turned their program around and are no longer slouches …

They will come into TDECU smelling blood in the water AND will show NO leniency.

We will either continue performing like the Bataan death march … OR … rally the troops (marines and Cactus air force) like Henderson Field on Quadacanal.

1 Like

Blood in the water indeed… a wounded, bloodied, Cougar…

Go Coogs!!!

I love how some folks on this board sort through the hundreds of threads, pick the ones they don’t like and then complain about them. No one is forcing anyone to read any particular threads on here. If you don’t like the topic of one, ignore it. It really is pretty simple.

Posting hypotheticals about future coaches does not mean we don’t like or want CTH as a coach. I think nearly everyone on here is praying fervently that he’ll stay. At least I am. But most of us (at least those of us who are over the age of 30) have been through some serious heart break with coaches. Like @PAWRFUL said, hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

I think the ideal situation for this year is if we can get CTH to sign an extension during the bye week. That should help refocus the team to finish the year on a good note against Tulane, Louisville and Memphis. We won’t end up in a good bowl game, but at least we’ll build some winning momentum going into next year. And I’m really hoping we have some strong player leaders that step up for next year. That is sorely missing on this year’s team.

2 Likes

Nothing good is going to come from this thread. And am not sure if you were around for the Sumlin and Briles doublespeak skidaddles.

We have reason to be wary and critical. That being said Herman has my full support and everyone wants him to stay and be successful here for many years.

This was too good and so true!!

We are bowl eligible but we are out of the playoff picture and out of the NY6 picture so why not look ahead? Do you really think talking about what happens at the end of the season if coach is gone will affect our season?

I’d rather read threads about our future that are grounded in reality than threads that start out with someone saying “I had lunch with Levine today and I think he is our smartest coach since Yeoman.”

These threads remind me of talk at work about whether we’re going to be sold. Someone asks if the CEO was in today. “Maybe he’s meeting with potential acquirers.” Oh, Joe Blow was at a conference and heard that we are going to be sold and the CEO of another company wasn’t there but usually is. This has gone on for over a year. So when someone asks when I think the company will be sold, I say, “How should I know? All the rumors haven’t come to pass so months from now if at all.”

2 Likes

what a crappy movie…

1 Like

We get the week off next week!

1 Like