Tech’s going to land in a good spot

Agree.

1 Like

I sign right away if we enter the PAC like tcu entered the small12. I am 100% sure that our leaders discussed it and are discussing it. Any P’s will do.

1 Like

I’m thinking UH and Kansas, but if they wanted a stronger presence in Texas I would take Tech. I believe they have the most alums in DFW. A foursome of UH, Tech, Kansas, and OK State would make some sense, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

3 Likes

See i included TCU because of Dallas/Ft Worth, but I am aware that liberal PAC schools react to private Christian schools the way a vampire would react to a bright sun shiny day at the beach.

After today’s political theater and posturing, I don’t think PAC-12 is stepping foot in Texas.

I agree. Pac 12 is not adding any of us. We will get an expanded AAC and have a good league.

2 Likes

Texas Tech is acceptable to PAC
but only if it is accompanying UH.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pac-12-expansion-evaluation-texas-tech/ar-AAMwc0D

1 Like

I don’t believe TT is real attractive to the PAC, but they have to be more attractive than TCU.

3 Likes

I believe Tech and UH are both on an upward trajectory. They have definitely benefited from BIG12 money.

Tech will land in a good spot. Their coach is definitely pumping some sunshine here, but they are a much more attractive school to other power conferences right now than we are. Hopefully we’ll both get into something great and continue building a fun in-state rivalry with them.

How are they “much more attractive”? Just curious, I mean to me the two thinks they have are a better in person base and that they are already in the club. I don’t think they much of anything on us in any other metric.

3 Likes

I’ve had the opportunity to watch Tech closely for much of my life thanks to family connections. I love playing Tech and I’m thankful that our two schools see the benefit of playing each other.

Tech has definitely benefited from their inclusion in the Big 12 since 1996. But to list specific things that I think make them more attractive:

• A more geographically spread-out and passionate alumni base.
  • A more typical and traditional “college experience” for students.
  • Their location in a true college town that supports the university very well.
  • A much better game day experience for home and visiting fans in every single sport.
  • Recent national success in multiple sports (with the exception of football in recent years).
  • A well-connected athletic director and well-respected coaches in every sport.
  • Better facilities across the board.
1 Like

I have zero against tech but i do not see it the same way

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with these points, I also don’t see these points being particularly important in the realignment discussion at least not yet. Maybe if they used it that stuff as a tie breaker, but I also don’t see the PAC if they chose to expand taking a singular Texas team out on an island. Tech maybe the first one to get the phone call, but I think we’d be next over the privates

2 Likes

EVERY point you list is strictly because they play in P5 Big 12 and we dont…If positions were reversed, WE would have the more attractive metrics…

3 Likes

Good point on since of that stuff is just from the #blessings of power moving their way into the Big 12. The other things aren’t even metrics, they’re just things maybe they’re nice but certainly not an actual metric of anything.

You might be right, but Tech has been in the Big 12 for 25 years. UH has some catching up to do, and these decisions will likely be made in the next 6-12 months.

I’m thinking of the other school admins, coaches and decision-makers when it comes time for site visits and looking at the data. Endowment also factors into things. Tech has a small advantage there according to the most recently reported records.

I don’t think they are far ahead of UH by any means, but UH doesn’t bring enough of the Houston market to successfully argue that more total eyes will be watching games across the state if they were to be selected ahead of Tech.

I do think UH is better positioned than Baylor, TCU and SMU. Unfortunately, Oklahoma St is probably also ahead of UH in the pecking order.

Tech has better facilities across the board?? You sure about that lol

3 Likes

Yes.