Tech/UH Game Question

Hey y’all, Tech alum and Houston resident here. Hope everyone is safe and dry, and if you’ve had to evacuate, I hope things are going as smoothly as possible.

Some friends and I are looking at tickets for the Tech/UH game in September. Any suggestions as to what section we should be purchasing in? I sat in section 121 for the first game in TDECU and I didn’t have a good experience (mainly because I couldn’t see the scoreboard). Is that corner (sections 123, 124, etc.) going to be our best option, or should we just look at seats on the second tier?

Best of luck this season, especially against UA. I went to grad school at ASU and I’ll be rooting hard for the Coogs that weekend.

You might like to know that they now have a smaller video board in the other end of the stadium - at the Icon Gate, which might not have been there for the last game between Tech and UH (sorry, I don’t remember exactly when that was installed). You should be able to see that board from any of those sections.

Well, uh…it certainly wasn’t there for the last game between Tech and UH in 2009, haha.

Chop-busting aside, yeah, the second video board got installed part-way through the 2014 season. IIRC, it was there for the UCF game. Still, though’ it’s not a great solution. For the overwhelming majority of the crowd, that board is obscured by the surrounding seats, and it’s not quite as high-definition as the one across the stadium.

Yeah, it wasn’t the Tech - UH game. It was the first game in TDECU, which I think was UTSA - UH, if I remember correctly.

That’s helpful to know. Are most opposing fans in that corner?

It will be tough and you may be limited to having to buy mini plans unless you are buying in the secondary market.

310 to 312 and 225 to 227 are far enough away to have a great view of the big video board. Core Tech seating will be in the 13 to 24 sections but could be more limited. It’s going to be a similar atmosphere to the first game vs UTSA.

Great, thanks for the help. Good luck this year.

Why, you looking for trouble? lol jk

Southwestside upper deck. All visiting fans.