Texas Monthly says get UH in the big12

I understand that UT is looking out for UT and anyone that thinks differently is new or forgetful.

I don’t know why people keep saying this like it’s something to fault UT for. Does anyone seriously think that UH is looking out for anybody but UH? Or that Rice or Lamar or The City University of Eastern Middle Omaha State at Bellvue is looking out for anybody but themselves? If you seriously think that, I probably have a beach house I can sell you in Idaho.

Agree with the UT hate part. I don’t think there was some personal agenda to leave UH out of the Big 12 at formation. It’s just UH back in the SWC days was well … replaceable - even with the run and shoot and phi slam jamma. We’re just a far better athletics program now - not just on the field - than we were 20+ years ago. Without the commitment of the last few years, we’d be talking smack in our CUSA home and flipping off the AAC for leaving us out. Forget even having the discussion about P5 anything. That’s not UT, that just us getting out **** together.

Local recruits.
That has always been the key. That is why we are not in the small12. That is why uta has always made sure to keep us out of the small12.
It makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER that we are not in the small12. But it makes perfect sense for uta.
Every day that passes is an insult to all of us and especially to our elder, wiser alums.
You bet uta is our enemy. Prove me, prove us wrong.
We are in charge of our own destiny now BUT what do we hear the most? Are we going to join the small12 or not?
We need to concentrate on beating the daylights out of OU and sell out that game. That is the only thing that matters right now.

GO COOGS!!!

3 Likes

the Big 12 cartel lead by UT-Austin…

What we have here is a mathematical conundrum …

10 schools - small 12
12 schools - b12
14 schools - big 12

Agree with needing to show up and win with OU. Can’t prove that UT hates us so no point in asking me to provide some evidence. Once again, my point is that UH is taking care of its own business and really needed to for a long time. Why can’t we own that? And I mean in all areas, i.e. Academics, athletics, housing etc. UH did this, not the Sith Lord.

No one can change history but you cannot underestimate the impact on the development of UH and UH Athletics in particular that came from being left out of the Big XII. 20 years in a non-P5, non-Auto Bid league just as the BCS dollars started flowing to the conferences in the cartel. Even if UH was not the most successful, the dollars they would have received from sitting at the Big Boy table would undoubtedly have changed the future of UH (see Baylor).

Let’s have UH own some of it but let’s give credit to those who forced UH onto Athletics Welfare along with the other non-P5s.

1 Like

All the negative stuff written about how we have been treated in past is true, but its important to recognize and understand that new leadership is at Texas, and today we received formal endorsements from their prez and chairman of the Board of Regents…Kirk Bohls from the Austin American Statesman is solidly endorsing us as a future member and the Orangebloods newletter fellow has already written that we are IN…Austin politicians are pushing hard for our admission…
In other word, the university of Texas, the state political establishment and the Austin sports media people are ALL endorsing us…It is time to accept the fact that Texas wants us in, and we are going to get in…make no mistake…I appreciate the Longhorns finally recognizing the value that we now bring to Big 12.