THE CORRUPTION IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL RECRUITING

The NCAA will have a hard time prosecuting one of its bread winners…you know the blue bloods…college sports is getting out of hand. Personally I will be glad when the kids can go pro whenever they want…and hopefully that will leave recruiting on at least a more level state. Yes, the bluebloods will still get the top players, but it should cut down on some of the corruption, if that is possible…

1 Like

If they get rid of the one and done, would the NBA ever take a flier on a HS kid like Moses Malone. Maybe a Labron James or Zion Williams, but I couldn’t see them giving big money to any HS kid.

1 Like

Bottom line is that the kid, just like any other high school senior, has a right to pick what he wants to do, including playing in the NBA or overseas…I get your point, but it’s all about money now…these one and dones that have insurance policies…I have always thought about who pays the premiums on those policies…a million dollar or more policy is not cheap…

2 Likes

I believe the idea is for the kids to get drafted and spend a year in the G league.

2 Likes

And that is assuming the G leagues pays more than UT, Duke, Kentucky, etc…lol

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I still don’t see how paying the premium on a multi-million dollar insurance policy isn’t a form of payment. Is the university the beneficiary?

2 Likes

No, the player is usually the beneficiary.

Good read about the insurance policies, who pays for them (sometimes the player, sometimes the college) and how the NCAA assists with that.

1 Like

Would the grind of the G league be better then a trip to Italy, getting an education
for free and possibly a trip to March Maddness? All while you are big man on campus
enjoying the college life. I bet Armani is wishing he would have stayed.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. LSU reportedly gave Tito Horford $100,000 back during Phi Slama Jama days; what would that equate to today. Dale Brown got busted on a recorded phone line and Horford ended up transfering to Miami. It didn’t say if LSU got a refund.

The hammer drops on Bill Self.

1 Like