The PAC12 Commissioner is on YouTube…

This is a problem for every school not named USC and Oregon.

https://247sports.com/Article/California-college-football-recruiting-best-players-going-out-of-state-146125121/

Dare I say…. This Close©?

You keep saying that to people who reply to you. Perhaps making a better point would work better.

Looks like 3 were added in 2019

University of California, Santa Cruz (2019)
The University of Utah (2019)
Dartmouth College (2019)

and 1 added back in 2012m

Boston University (2012)

And 2 back in 2001 -

Stony Brook University – The State University of New York (2001)
Texas A&M University (2001)

https://www.aau.edu/sites/default/files/AAU-Files/Who-We-Are/AAU-Member-List.pdf

That’s only 6 added in 20 years. Its a great goal to have…but may not happen in many of our lifetimes

1 Like

Best realignment since Yeoman.

1 Like

There is a rumor going around in the AAC forum that a member affiliated with Colorado believes the PAC, depending on how this all plays out, is strongly considering extending invitations to KU, OSU, TTU and a non-Big12 member.

The speculation is that that 4th member could be Houston because most don’t think BYU will ever be a true target.

Again, just a silly rumor as there are 100s going around right now

3 Likes

BYU will never be a part of the PAC. I thought the same thing when I read that statement. Keep hope alive! Think the Bears are coming to terms with them not being picked by the PAC or the BIG. Their warming up to the AAC. ESPN may even help The PAC to complete the brake up of the Big 12.

1 Like

Do not believe.

Please let it be true PAC 12 would be great!

4 Likes

I like this rumor therefore it is the most correct of all the rumors.

17 Likes

Precisely the sentiment

2 Likes

What specifications do we need to hit in order to be AAU?

I posted what we are doing about 10 posts above.

Lots to do. Money, give more doctorates, grow research dollars. We’ll get there but not real soon. Most of the members have belonged since the Stone Age.

2 Likes

Blaming the Pac’s lack of CFP appearances on their expansion seems like a stretch.

1 Like

You can bet the PAC will be very interested in the UH/TT game.

2 Likes

Agree.

People blame PAC10 expansion for the reason the Pac12 has not been successful as of late, but people forget that around the time of expansion USC was hit with sanctions which slowed them down. Once the sanctions were lifted, USC was playing with a depleted roster and now had to compete with Alabama as being the most dominant NFL producing talent team in the country. If and when USC gets the ball rolling again, the Pac12 will look like a strong conference. It would help a lot if Chip Kelly gave up on his NFL dreams and brought his Oregon offense to UCLA and turned them into a powerhouse program.

3 Likes

And USC had to go through two beer-guzzling HC’s.

In all seriousness I would love to schedule one Pac team a year. Although Washington is historically tough on us. Playing the Pac has a big time feel in my eyes.

You are right. Saban was close to signing with USC a few years back. I would not be surprised if he came when the new PAC media rights are finalized. Believe it or not the West still has the best prospects.

1 Like

I thought I saw an article saying that football participation in California high schools is way down

1 Like