The PAC12 Commissioner is on YouTube…

It is still a recruiting gold mine and hugely populated.

What Chris said.

The Alabama QB is from S. Cal.

The O.U. QB is from Phoenix.

The UT RB is from Tucson.

Dana Holgersen is recruiting a QB from Phoenix.

Our starting DE is from S. Cal.

Our former QB Kyle Allen is from Phoenix.

On and on. Membership in The PAC12 would boost UH recruiting.

3 Likes

Being in any P4 would boost UH recruiting. IMHO PAC would benefit as much or more as Houston so your argument is a wash.

2 Likes

The PAC 12 is a Power Conference. They can recruit Texas as such.

UH does not recruit Texas as a member of such a conference. This harms our University.

This has already been proven, Coach Yeoman signed killer talent once in The SWC. He won that conference 3 times in 4 years. Our recruiting became that good.

UH benefits tremendously by joining The PAC 12, way more than any of their existing schools. We do not present an effective message to California and Arizona prospects right now. And then we could, overnight.

Having said all this it remains that no expansion is being presented.

It almost appears as though someone is getting paid to keep UH out of a power 5.

4 Likes

$Money needs to improve.

UH, and whomever, has to expand the Pie.

Georgia Tech was the last entry into the AAU in 2010. They had much greater metrics than UH does now.

UH -> AAU, maybe in 10 years.

1 Like

What did you expect Robert? When was it the last time we were in a Power conference? I have no doubt whatsoever that we will contest for the National championship if we become part of the PAC12 or ACC.
I have written the same following point over and over…and over.
Our orchestrated ncaa probation stopped any momentum that we had at a given time. I can’t stress this point enough… We were the youngest program in Texas. We dominated when not one school especially the utau pimp this was possible.
If the same had happened to any other program like UH it would have extinguished that school forever.
Our recruiting area
Our fourth soon to be third city in America
Our diverse student population
All of the above is unique. None of the SEC or small12 have the above. The closest that come to mind is UCF. The Orlando area is booming. Both are a major thorn to the SEC, ACC, small12 and even PAC12. This is not a coincidence.

Robert this is not going to come with such announcement like.
Friends we want to invite UH and teetech. What do you think?

I have already stated on many occasions what I think.

The PAC 12 is not expanding. I then merely point out how it would be super for UH if it did.

It is not going to happen.

But our fans post thousands of threads about joining The PAC 12. Endless.

Our most logical way forward is to have some merger of The AAC and parts of The Big 12.

And I am against doing business with Baylor, TCU, and Kansas St. They add nothing that is beneficial.

The other 5 can merge with our AAC and have 16 teams.

We call this League whatever it takes to get the biggest TV contract. Create something new out of whole cloth. Whatever. Just ask the Media Giants what to do so as to have a better contract.

I again refer anyone to The PAC 12 Media Day and any subsequent comments from its Universities. So far it is polite nothingness.

Robert everything is in play as long as the PAC12medka rights are not awarded. You are making an assumption. I do not expect to hear that we are joining the PAC12 before a press conference is called.

Seems like AZ adds only the people you just mentioned. The PAC doesn’t boost UH recruiting by adding places to recruit. It would add a P4/5 name boost. It might give us a slight boost on whoever we are currently recruiting from the same areas that we do right now in AZ or CA but that is it.

This has made a lot of sense for a long time. I was pounding this drum when the Big 12 was having us all give presentations 5 years ago; if the Pac is expanding and they’re not getting Texas, we’re probably second or third in line. Assuming they’re not taking a religious school and they’re not going East of the Mississippi, we make more sense for them than arguably anyone else.

1 Like

We just witnessed three Big XII schools admitting they are not worth $24 million per school in annual TV rights, but half that, maybe. The PAC knows this and will not expand so it can reduce its TV payouts per member.

Fox, along with ESPN, declined to negotiate early to extend the Big XII TV contract. Why would the PAC add schools Fox doesn’t want to pay after 2025?

Reduced TV payouts is exactly why TT, TCU, and Baylor were crying in the Texas Senate yesterday.

1 Like

If we’re going to slice out Baylor, TCU and Kansas St…why would we not use this as an opportunity to slice out ECU, Tulsa and Tulane?

1 Like

Because they are already in The AAC.

Have to redo a conference to get rid of these various schools.

Literally scrub Big12 and AAC, then create something new.

The Big American

1. UH
  2. Memphis
  3. CIncy
    4.Navy
    5.USF
    6.UCF
    7.Tulane
    8.SMU
    9.Kansas
  4. Texas Tech
  5. Iowa State
  6. Okie State
  7. Temple
    14, Kansas St.

I love the idea of The Big American!

Schools like Tulsa, ECU, K. State, Baylor,TCU could go away.

14 schools in major markets.

3 Likes

Care to share the link to the post? Should make for some entertaining reading