The ticketing department can never just leave things alone

Reminds me of the healthcare.gov roll-out.

1 Like

LMAO!

1 Like

So did I mix up the original date? I just received an email saying that renewals start Monday. I could have sworn they previously said it was supposed to be Feb 15th originally? I even stated on the phone with the ticket office that it sounded like they were pushing it back despite the advertisements and they told me yes. Either I was wrong or they just tried to Jedi mind trick us lol.

Just as an FYI
here is the original email I received on Jan. 7

Thank you for your continued support of Houston Athletics!

Cougar Pride is excited to announce an update to Football Season Ticket, Men’s Basketball Season Ticket and Cougar Pride renewals! In an effort to create a more convenient and seamless renewal process, all Cougar Pride members will now go through a one-stop process to renew Football and/or Men’s Basketball Season Tickets, all associated Cougar Pride “Football and/or Basketball Per Seat” Commitments along with any additional Cougar Pride “Unrestricted” Donations (if applicable).

Our goal is to create a convenient, simple one-stop renewal process that allows our Cougar Pride members the opportunity to pay for all of your annual commitments at one-time or via our payment plan option. This new renewal process will begin in February for the 2019 Football and 2019-20 Men’s Basketball Seasons. Furthermore, the renewal process will include an online feature along with a mailed 2019 Cougar Pride Membership Guide and renewal form option.

Cougar Pride “Football/Basketball Per Seat” Commitments and Cougar Pride “Unrestricted” Donations determine the various benefits you shall receive as a Cougar Pride member on an annual basis for Football & Men’s Basketball game days along with special event invitations (Click HERE for more information).

If you have any questions, please contact Cougar Pride at 713-743-GoUH (4684) or email cougarpride@uh.edu. Thanks again for your continued support of Houston Athletics!

Go Coogs!

1 Like

Exactly
what’s the big rush here?

Well, they marketed all these incentives for ticket holders to renew super early with a bunch of giveaways. I think they are going to lock in the ticket price from last year for current ticket holders then after the deadline hike the prices for new ticketholders

I recieved the email that they would open Monday the 18th. Prizes are set if you do decide to renew before and yeah most likely price increase

I just wish the ticketing department would stick with a strategy. There is not a year that has gone by they don’t try to jack with football prices. It is tiring to have to keep up with all the different ticketing promotions and price changes. I don’t think they understand that to grow a fanbase there needs to be consistency in ticketing. We will see if they are going to start changing basket all tickets now routinely. I do like the incentive for current ticketholders for renewing at the same price as this year, but I fully expect a price hike two years from now.

It’s the price we have to pay for big time coaches and staffs.

Still the best bargain around. New AD, new strategy, and one that makes a lot more sense. Before, I was never quite sure what year each ticket contribution was for and often guessed wrong. I believe the idea here is to consolidate and make it easier for season ticket holders to budget by letting them know what the cost of doing business is for the entire year based on their previous purchases.

What thing of value hasn’t gone up in the last 2 years!?!

Why would they start selling on a FRIDAY.

Fake news !

My brother asked me to split our FC seats so he could put two in his account and get the CP points. I told him to hold off, given my history with the ticket office they would probably end up assigning us seats in Agnes Arnold Hall.

6 Likes

Our marketing is run by UTA Longhorn spies who snuck into our sports clothing program and made sure we did not sell normal short-sleeve shirts with buttons up the front like the rest of the world. Nope all we have is pullovers and long sleeved shirts–those dirty rats!!! Next thing ya know they will sell our seats to stubhub.

2 Likes

That is actually kind of funny.

Big props to the ticketing office! Jeremiah from ticketing called me almost exactly at 12 pm and left a voicemail to tell me that basketball ticket renewals were open. I didn’t see the email, so I called in and it only took about 5 minutes to renew my tickets.

Jeremiah is one of the good guys over there; we need a lot more like him!

1 Like

Maybe should have title of thread changed since they came through n doesn’t put them in such a bad light.

3 Likes

Hey, what do you know? I was able to do this stuff with just a few clicks. Now if I can get the right parking passes come the new season I’ll be a happy camper!

2 Likes