The tricky problem of the transition recruiting class

Yep, Ed admitted that he wouldn’t have come to Houston under Levine as we were an afterthought. Herman changing the culture and hiring Meekina to go along with Marcus is what brought him to Houston.

1 Like

I think it was the hiring of Meekins that got Ed here, along with a regime change. But it wasn’t a confirmed change in culture or Herman’s success. If I recall correctly, didn’t Ed commit before we played a single game under Herman? It would have been the first year success and culture change during 2015 that kept Ed committed. I could be wrong, but that’s what I think happened.

I think his brother playing at UH had a lot to do with Ed deciding to play here as well.

4 Likes

No doubt.

Look, I’m not a Herman supporter, but he immediately changed the culture upon arrival. Levine was known to be more lackadaisical with his approach while Herman was fiery and expected discipline. He went after Oliver hard, along with a number of top players and got them fired up. The team and recruits responded immediately.

Herman changed going into year two. He was much more business-like in his approach and lost that “Cool” edge. But that first year, he took the program by storm.

2 Likes

FACTS!

If the end game is 16 teams and 4 conferences, they’re gonna need more than just 4 teams to filled up the rest of the conferences. Big, SEC, and ACC need 2 more schools each. PAC needs 4. I think tech and WV will have a landing spot. I see WV has a natural landing spot with ACC to go with ND. I’m hoping TU and KU go to the BIG. OU and OSU to SEC. UH, TECH, TCU, KSU, NM, UNLV will fight for the last 4 spots in the big boys table.

Depends on how “fit” is seen. West Virginia doesn’t fit into the ACC or B1G in regards to academics; main reason they were passed over for an ACC slot when the Big East is raided. Their only real shot would be the SEC, but the SEC can do better.

TX Tech is hoping UT goes West as they probably go with them. Anywhere else, and Tech is chomping on their fingernails. Smart thing would be to team up with UH now and kickstart a partnership…just in case, but the Red Raiders seem unwilling to piss off Daddy.

Other than that, we’re continuing to put ourselves in a great position for the next go around.

1 Like

It seems like Matt Rhule doesn’t care whether he knows his recruits or not. At this point he just wants to add players.

2 Likes

Pretty much. They just need bodies in uniforms.

And those bodies realize they have a really good chance of playing right away on a depleted team. Hard to compete with that.

2 Likes

That’s correct!

Yea, we have a solid Dline for now. Pretty stacked, and how would you pass up a shot to play along side an All American Freshman! NFL will look at him therefore they will get looks. ( Eg. ERob) As a defensive player it seems odd moving to the Xll. There is lots of film of players getting embarrassed. :thinking: