Time for a Coaching Change?

The base running was so bad it confused the defense…like they couldn’t even believe what they were seeing.

1 Like

And … what were the UH Base Coaches doing? Did they freeze too or were they screaming; RUN? Culpability goes way beyond the baserunner. Also, if I remember correctly is was a 2-0 count on a batter who could not hit water if he fell out of a boat and he swings? I can’t help but think he had a TAKE call on so why would he swing? A walk wins the game just like a SAC Fly, a Hit, a Squeeze Bunt …

Checked the SABR Triple Play Database that includes every triple play in the history of major league baseball. There has NEVER been a triple play that starts with a 3rd base to catcher combo. The closest play that resembled what happened last night was a game in 1947 between the Chicago White Sox and St. Louis Browns where a 5-2-6-4-3-6 triple play was turned.

2 Likes

The play went just as Duarte tweeted it.
5-2-5-6-4. Basically grounder to 3b-5, throw to Catcher-2 for one out force at home, throw back to 3rd basemen-5 who was off bag, who flipped to SS-6 coming over to cover 3b and who was playing way in w NO OUTS, he touches 3rd now two outs on force play, he then throws to 2nd–6 for another force out at 2nd.
So 5-2-5-6-4. Biggest issue of course was no one was running on ground ball n bases loaded!!:thinking::confounded:

1 Like

Not privy on what the base coaches were saying or not saying, but any base runner, high school (being generous) and higher, should know he has to go in that situation. Regardless of a missed call or poor hitting. The ball was in play!!

In watching the replay again, it was very clear that the third baseman did not come anywhere near the base for the force out there.

2 Likes

I obviously dont understand the numbering system in baseball just yet, but thanks for the help. In any case, it was bad.

No problem. It was BAD!! Haven’t seen an interview w CTW for any explanation on why all 3 runners did same— Hold Up!

In baseball it does :grinning:

Wow, that is incredible…just when you think you’ve seen it all

1 Like

We’d have still been running triangles :grinning:

1 Like

:grin::smile::man_facepalming:

Ugh… Triangles. I lived and died baseball growing up and remember those awful triangles in highschool. If coach was mad at you then would run until you felt like were going to pass out. I felt the trick was to try to draft behind a teamate when felt like could not finish.

Lol, really? If the Coogs don’t turn this around we are going to have an awful season and should be gone. Same goes for women’s hoops…

Hire Jeff Banister!

3 Likes

Yeah, 7 games in doesn’t mean squat in baseball is all I’m saying…not making excuses, I don’t care who is the HC @ UH…just win baby !

2 Likes

Agreed, I am hoping we turn it around soon but I kind of doubt it

1 Like

They’re not WINNING!!

Let the kids finish the season and if we don’t make the tournament then we will probably need to consider a coaching change. At this point it is too early. We are trending downward these last 2+ years.

…”It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish “… either way not the trend we want.

We can only go up from here…i think.

We currently sit at a RPI of 274 out of 297 teams. Just above powerhouse Portland. It is also noteworthy that the powerhouse Youngstown State was just swept this weekend by College of Charleston.

1 Like