Tom Herman (is staying another year)

Great article by Dennis Dodd on the CBSSports app “ Texas has a decision to make as the Tom Herman experiment again falls short in a critical game.” Sorry unable to post link

1 Like

I’d rather bring back Levine. Our 2015/2016 team was Levine’s team.

10 Likes

Can I get you a chicken sandwich instead?
#MyPleasure

5 Likes

This can’t be right. With all the high rated recruits Tom Herman has, none of them have turned out to be a 1st round draft pick. So why would 5 stars chose UT? Oh never mind. Recruits have already figured that out. This is why they have been decommitting lately. :laughing:
https://twitter.com/JakeMajor25/status/1332430176282681347?s=03

3 Likes

I think Herman goes analyst route at North Carolina under Mack Brown or gets head coaching job at a middle of the road power 5 school maybe south carolina. Guy has Texas in top 25 in 3 of 4 years and assuming they beat Kansas and Kansas State they’d finished 7-3. Eyes of Texas controversy got him in trouble and then recruiting. He saw his alma mater calling and had Mack Brown in his ear telling him to take it.

Money is there. I’ve heard rumors of Texas trying to fire him with cause for his drinking and rumor of adderall addiction. Doubt that happens, but they’ll find a way to get rid of him.

3 Likes

Sumlin is incompetent. I watched the Arizona vs UCLA game last night and his offense looked like that of
a high school team… He had no idea of what he was doing on offense. I think Case carried him. .

He is also a terrible recruiter. With the 22,000,000 people in Southern California to recruit from he is short on team talent.and one of UCLA’s best linemen, probably a NFL level player, is from Phoenix.

The U of A is a top school and it is strange to see him leading an important part of their athletic program…

1 Like

Arizona lost its QB on the first play of the game

Ed Oliver? His first recruiting class at Texas are seniors this year, are we now criticizing him for not having anyone from his first class going pro after 3 years and being a first rounder? Sheesh.

ZERO first round NFL picks? Wow. That’s all you need to know. I bet rival coaches have a field day w/ that stat.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t count Oliver. I guess I could see why some would.

In any event, you’re remaining criticism is probably on target. I thought I heard that OT Sam Cosmi (he of original UH commitment) was supposed to be a first rounder after this year.

2 Likes

No, I pray every day that UT keeps Herman…:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Actually Nick, I never thought about it that way before. Up until now, I just wanted to see Herman get fired and watch the ensuing embarrassment on both sides.

Now that you mention it, keeping a mediocre, at best, extremely over paid and dishonest football coach is just what the doctor ordered to treat UT arrogance, inflated sense of importance and unparalleled sense of entitlement. That’s actually a good thing for that bunch in Austin.

Tom is just the right prescription for UT.

3 Likes

Speaking of him…

3 Likes

Can’t count Oliver for multiple reasons! Reason#1: Oliver was at UH, not UT.

5 Likes

why not ? The post said all the highly rated recruits by TH none have been 1st rd draft choice. That is incorrect…EO was 1st rd by Buffalo Bills. Didn’t say while at UT, plus Cosmi will prob go in 1st rd in upcoming 2021 draft.

Derrick, four seasons ago he was at UH. If we are talking draft picks, that’s where they would have come from.

Those numbers from that particular poster are from Herman’s time at UT. If you add his UH numbers, Herman stats will look a lot better but people only look at what he’s done at the all powerful UT with unlimited resources.

This guy could only beat a Baker Mayfield OU team as a coach of UH and loss 4 times to OU as a coach of UT. Somethings wrong with this picture.

3 Likes

Again…EO was recruited by Tony Levines staff and signed in Herman’s first February.

9 Likes

EO was coming here regardless of the coach. Its well known he chose UH because his brother was here.

11 Likes