Tom Herman (is staying another year)

Is Herman fired yet?

1 Like

Tony Levine couldn’t game plan to save his life…

3 Likes

He will be if they lose at KSU this weekend.

after the way he left us it would be Karma if they fired him at the airport and took his car keys.

8 Likes

He was a good OC at OU with Paul Thompson and RS-FR Sam Bradford, so having Case (and later Manziel) doesn’t necessarily explain it. I’m also not sure how much water the “bad recruiter” accusation holds; his administration is mostly responsible for bringing us the Jackboyz in the 2012 class, and they eventually won us the Peach Bowl.

The more plausible explanation for me is that the game’s caught up to him, as it seems to have for most of the old Air Raid guys. Combine that with a weird decision to try to establish a recruiting foothold in Texas when you play in Arizona, and that’ll be enough to nail the coffin shut.

1 Like

When he had Dana and Kingsberry as OC’s, he was able to produce. He never had a DC worth a crap except for his last year at UH.

However, because of ignorance at a$m and UA, he is a very wealthy man.

Sumlin didn’t call plays at OU from what I remember, though. That was Kevin Wilson.

2 Likes

I would take Todd Orlando back as DC and/or Tony Levine as Special Teams/Recruiting Coordinator but no thank you for Herman in any capacity.

7 Likes

I’d take Herman back as OC – he was very good at Rice and Ohio State in that capacity. He’s not coming back for that job, though.

Adderall addiction?

1 Like

Which coach will go first??? Sumlin or Herman?

1 Like

I’m betting on Sumlin. He’s been too bad thus far.

5 Likes

Agreed!

I admit it, I watched his presser today. If you have one ounce of love for the man, it was painful to watch. 90+% of the questions were about his job security in one way or another.

1 Like

Its what he wanted, what he deserves. His players are quitting on him and the recruits are jumping ship. The press should be hammering him

7 Likes

Wouldn’t work. He’s a power spread option guy; Dana prefers RPO.

1 Like

Sumlin is already dead. He is gone in December. His best defensive players either quit before the season started or quit since then. He has no commitments from the top Phoenix talent. He has exactly one Tucson stud committed. It is over.

Herman’s buyout drops $5 million tomorrow. I predict that his players quit on him next Saturday.

And then he is gone.

4 Likes

Case Keenum and Johnny Manzel was the reason Sumlin appeared so great.

5 Likes

I don’t want him any where near our program.

13 Likes

No way! It’s not going to work because he doesn’t have Greg Ward Jr to make him look good again. :laughing:

6 Likes