Tom Herman’s culture

Ya think?

1 Like

I love that someone has acknowledged this, but I’m sure Diehard will completely disagree with this assessment. Because we all know that it was 100% LTH that had to do with our success and not the players that we had.

4 Likes

it was both. you guys are delusional if you think herman wasnt part of our success when he was here. funny how when he was the hc you guys were all supportive of him and treated him like a god. now that he leaves you guys want to hate. if herman wasnt the reason we were good then tell me how come we sucked with tony levine with basically the same players?

I Swear my IQ is dropping everytime i have to debate with you guys

I agree with Herman being a big reason for our success, but the answer to your question rhymes with “Bravis Tush”.

4 Likes

The Aggies thought they got a genius because Kevin Sumlin won at Houston.

The Longhorns thought they got a genius because Tom Herman won at Houston.

I hate to break it to everybody but winning at Houston is expected. We have starting 22s that are as good as anyone not named Alabama or Ohio State. We just don’t have the depth. Winning at Houston and winning big is a function of the health of the startind 22 and a QB. If those 2 things are in place we are REALLY good. If one of those things are not in place we are a 7-5 or 8-4 type of program.

Having said that, we are starting to build depth now.

9 Likes

I don’t deny Herman did good things, never said he didn’t. But you discredit everyone and then throw personal attacks at people.

If you didn’t notice though as soon as Levine realized Ward was the answer to our prayers the team started playing better and went 6-2 but by that point it was too late. Herman came in and rode that train (Ward) all the way to his dream job in Austin.

2 Likes

Good post 51. We ARE building depth and as everyone knows, good players make a good coach. I am convinced that last year’s dissappointment was part wrong QB play for 7 games or so, slow receivers, poor O line work. We went from being excited about the occasional 3 star not too long ago, to virtually all 3 stars with the occasional 4 star.

I hope that we make noise this year and begin the uptick in recruiting going forward.

who did i discredit?

also that ward argument is stupid. while ward did show flashes as a qb when levine eventually decided to start him, herman took his game to the next level. you got to be a herman hater to think otherwise.

Remember too that The Lying Coach said that you win 8 games a year in Houston without trying, we need to do better.

James Casey is Special Teams Coordinator/TE coach

You just proved my point.

You just discredited me, Levine, and several other posters who have credited Ward with our turn around and then call it stupid. Stats are fact and you can see a huge change when Ward took over in 2014. Not flashes, significant improvement.

In 2015 did Herman help Ward, sure but Ward also had more reps at QB and that played a factor as well. He had all spring to work at QB.

Hmmmm seems similar to King starting last year where our offense improved significantly but still needed improvement. Now King has had a whole spring at QB. Let’s see what happens this year. If he does well is it all King or did CMA take him to the next level?

2 Likes

Applewhite. He is, after all, one of Horns legend.

You are selling us a wee bit short…change that to just as good as Bama and Ohio State. This team is capable of beating anybody…

Maybe, but he has first hand knowledge of how vicious the infighting and backstabbing can be at UT.

once again that argument is stupid. ward wasnt even going into the season as the starting qb the year herman came along. it was a wide open race with adam schultz. herman has a good track record at developing qb’s. look at cardele jones and jt barrett at ohio st. osu fans was sad herman left them for us. you are short changing herman.

You are delusional.

If what you say is even remotely true, then it is easy to see why Herman is struggling.

He knew Ward was the man, just trying to push him. In fact, Ward was all he had !!

2 Likes

If Tom Herman is the QB guru that everyone thinks he is, then why are the whorns struggling with two QBs that were supposedly the second coming of Jesus Christ according to the prep recruiting sites? Ehlinger and Buechele had stars falling off their recruiting pages before arriving in Austin. They walked on water. Herman will suddenly be a QB guru again next season when Roschon Johnson goes to Austin. We’ll see. I do not deny the influence that Herman had at my beloved University of Houston, but I will give more credit to Greg Ward, Jr. and the ready-made team that Herman inherited in 2015. QBs like Greg Ward, Jr. are not a dime-a-dozen. If they did, every program would have one or two. That kid was tough, intelligent, athletic, and he had the “it” factor. He was an incredible leader and play maker. No Greg Ward, Jr. on campus in Austin. Thus, Herman and the whorns = suck.

Go Coogs. Peace.

6 Likes

Haha, right because Adam Schultz was the proven QB. Herman always played up that he turned Ward into a QB but Levine had already made that happen.

3 Likes