Tom Herman’s culture

This one had me in tears laughing…

11 Likes

All delusional -

• Several schools have tried to pry Patterson out of TCU. He’s smart and knows when he has a good thing going

• Stoopes to Texas? OU boosters would pay him not to go to Texas

• Urban will pretty much be untouchable a la Kiffen if he is fired from OSU

Herman is hard headed. Why is running that offense with a QB that can’t run it ? They have a huge line, get under center and pro style it like the other big boys do. I thought he was supposed to be smart.

2 Likes

They could have gotten him a number of years back, don’t see it happening now as he isn’t the Jimbo type to jump just for money. The timing for TCU has always worked out, before the Big 12 invite, really the best offer Patterson had was from Minnesota. Once they got in the Big 12, why leave? He is getting compensated probably higher than Herman now anyway so would UT throw 10 million a year at him to make it interesting?

Not sure he would leave, but I feel Gundy at OSU does more with less. If he could recruit Texas using the UT name, he might be dangerous. Saban and Les Miles did okay at their first schools, but took off when they were the primary school for the state.

wut

Bowden went 7-6 in 3 of his last 4 years. Jimbo won 10 games in his first season as HC, averaged 11.15 wins for his first 7 years and won the BCS National Champtionship in his fourth year. He also made BCS/NY6 games in 5 of his first 7 years and won 3 of them.

His last year went off the rails though.

1 Like

My TCU contact says Paterson has some nice comp packages with options and so forth in Ft Worth. Dude is set for life and no real need to move unless his ego is thirsty.

1 Like

Yep, Patterson is not like Taggert or Herman looking for that ‘dream job’ somewhere else. Herman could have had it just as good.

2 Likes

Yep, the oil barons that fund TCU have set up Patterson with some nice real estate. It would be tough to pry him away from TCU. Guessing they might try, but he probably won’t leave.

Polls still not out, but we’re all in agreement that 1) We’ll lose votes, 2) Maryland will be ranked, and 3) the longhorns will move up a few spots, right?

2 Likes

Good point. Had to google FSU lost decade, and its apparently Bowden’s final 10 years so it doesn’t fit in my argument at all.

Yep, longhorns have been given a ~4% chance of making the 4 team playoff. That’s just how the politics roll.

Thought this was funny:

1 Like

I have learned this week it is possible to play too hard for the enjoyment of the guy next to you so next week we will play for the enjoyment of the guy 2 guys away from you and that will allow us to trust our training by the greatest coaching staff in the western hemisphere. You will see improvement next week with this simple change in philosophy.

11 Likes

Dear Willie Taggart,

Thank you for removing the red hot national spotlight off me and the 40 acres. The steaming pile of mess that the Seminoles of FSU laid bare for everyone to see on national TV makes my two losses to Maryland look like my guys are playing for the love of their brothers.

Feel free to use me as a reference at the MENSA chapter in Tallahassee. May I suggest that you and the Seminoles read John Steinback’s sports motivation classic, “Of Mice and Men.” I have the Cliff Notes should you need them. One more thing, those glasses that you wear, I love them. I need a pair. It will enhance my MENSA image. Last word of advice, get the whole pee cup thing going. It will buy you another year or two. Remember, you want clear urine. Clear = good; yellow or cloudy = bad.

Signed,

Tom Herman

11 Likes

Per OrangeBloods… it started getting a little awkward after he started adding a little tongue.
LOL

5 Likes

Isn’t that what broke Charlie Strong?

Folks keep asking what if they go 1-5, with the 1 win assumed to be Tulsa. Let’s let them play that game before we award it to the whorns, I’m looking for a good effort by the Golden Hurricanes.

4 Likes

“Lennie wanted so badly to touch the rabbit and play with the rabbit – he squeezed it so hard, he killed the rabbit,” Herman said, noting he told linebacker Gary Johnson to read the book. “I know that seems maybe out there a little bit. I think that’s what the first quarter was. We wanted it so badly, we got in our own way quite a bit.”

Herman mangled the analogy a bit. In the novel, Lennie kills a puppy, a mouse and a woman and only dreams of rabbits. And Lennie gets killed at the end.

Yeah, read up on that book, Mr. Johnson. Coach Herman swears by it.

5 Likes

So in this analogy…the UT football team already loved something too much that they killed it, next up they’ll commit murder, and then be killed?